The Super Shit Rifle - 15

Skara

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

1 minute ago, Adolf Hamster said:

also looking at the shooting video, do we wanna place bets the gun he's personally using has had a little more tlc than the end product?

Yes.

Usually his prototype guns are the ones with the better performance, but in this case the prototype was utter shit (BBs going all over the place) whereas his "production model" is spot on.

I'm still pretty sure he rebuilt and tweaked that gun to make it look flawless.

• Supporters
1 minute ago, Skara said:

Yes.

Usually his prototype guns are the ones with the better performance, but in this case the prototype was utter shit (BBs going all over the place) whereas his "production model" is spot on.

I'm still pretty sure he rebuilt and tweaked that gun to make it look flawless.

this is the thing, you can have nominally the same gun on paper but a bit of tlc in the assembly will make a drastic difference to how well it performs.

i mean that's pretty much why there's a market for people like negative airsoft.

9 minutes ago, Speedbird_666 said:

I wonder if anyone who ponied up the 50 USD/Euros preorder deposit saw the final spec and price and said ‘nah, fuck that’. 

Many people on his FB and IG pages said that they were going to cancel their preorders.

2 minutes ago, Skara said:

Many people on his FB and IG pages said that they were going to cancel their preorders.

I read through a few comments prior to its launch and the general consensus with people who had pre-ordered, was that they though the final price would be about 200 euros....

Just now, rj1986 said:

Refundable or is he just laughing the other side of his face?

Believe it's refundable. Those who pre-ordered had 48hrs to complete their checkout if they wanted it. If not they just get their money back. Not sure it would be legal (certainly not moral) to do it any other way, seeing as they had no idea of the final price.

Wonder how many in a batch if the first 3 batches are sold out? Multipy that by 500 euros.

What he has done has far excelled any other single personality in the airsoft world (which wasn't hard being as the standard was limping donkey rebranding BB's). It's a crying shame the brand can't be an honest and wholesome entity.

8 minutes ago, Steveocee said:

limping donkey

lul

• Supporters

I'm going to be contrarian again and say that he's not doing anything wrong except for giving customers the warranty run-around.

Nobody is being forced to buy these.  It's a consensual transaction.  VFCs Avalons are already about £400, throw in the Titan, the hop rubber, stock, grip and mag and a case and you're at about the retail price of the separate parts.

Sure, the video is a steaming, sticky load of marketwank aimed at starry-eyed rubes, but if you believe the claims from someone trying to sell you their own product, that's on you.

And loads of these will doubtless shit themselves, either due to the VFC issues that keep @Armourpiercing supplied with more work than he can handle, or the Titan being mis-fitted by some child slave labour shaking from hunger at the end of a 14 hour shift.

But all that said, I fully expect that he will give customers the run around when the claims start to come in.

Caveat emptor.  Really, really caveat it.

Agree with @Rogerborg - I don't think on the surface any of his products are overpriced. The SSP1 is EUR 135 (£122 at today's ROE), comes with a steel hammer, steel trigger, upgraded hop bucking and a case. Plus if you leave it in your cart for 48hrs they e-mail a free shipping coupon. They also sell enough spare parts to build one from scratch.

HOWEVER His team use "continued development" as an excuse for releasing a flawed product.

I just don’t get why you need to spend so much to get a good shooting rifle. As a ‘sniper’ I’d be expecting him to be selling an AEG aimed at good range and accuracy, not gimmicks. 

all most guns need to be at to top end of ‘performance’ is volume matching+ good hop/Bb combo. 

ive got a JG g36c sat gathering dust that my brother used to use. Cost £90 from Taiwangun. Fitted a maple leaf rubber and gave the barrel a clean and it would shoot better than a standard NGRS. Is it Gucci? No. But it does what you want from an airsoft gun. Shoots better than the guy shooting back. 

if I was gonna build a ‘high performance gun’ of that sort of budget it would be ICS based and modular. 

• Supporters
21 minutes ago, Wo1f said:

I just don’t get why you need to spend so much to get a good shooting rifle. As a ‘sniper’ I’d be expecting him to be selling an AEG aimed at good range and accuracy, not gimmicks. 

all most guns need to be at to top end of ‘performance’ is volume matching+ good hop/Bb combo. 

ive got a JG g36c sat gathering dust that my brother used to use. Cost £90 from Taiwangun. Fitted a maple leaf rubber and gave the barrel a clean and it would shoot better than a standard NGRS. Is it Gucci? No. But it does what you want from an airsoft gun. Shoots better than the guy shooting back. 

if I was gonna build a ‘high performance gun’ of that sort of budget it would be ICS based and modular. 

you can get a lot out of nominally budget guns, jg these days in particular seem to be pretty bloody good, i've worked on a couple of their ak's (including one i own) and for the fundamental task of lobbing plastic downrange they punch well above their weight.

now granted an e&l or lct is gonna look nicer, feel nicer, and be able to take a few more knocks without damage, but it won't shoot much better.

2 hours ago, Wo1f said:

I'm not excluded from this but I've seen severe "FOMO" from many airsofters. 

"I need to get my AEG shooting 349.9FPS and 60 RPS at least 100 metres?"........no you don't mate, use tactics to push closer to the enemy. Pick your shots and just have fun, rather than thinking the idea is to build the most intimidating "weapon" possible in order to make-up for your shortcomings.

I held one the other day.... It was gun shaped with a hole in the end for BB's to come out!

I don't think my mates fielded it yet so can't offer any review of it!

In a YouTube video I watched, they point out that Novritsch's team state that they allow for a 20% variance in power. Which is typical of my experience with them and their loop holes. I say that because adding to basket you get to choose 1J or 1.13J, then if they send the wrong one, yep you guessed...they're both within 20% of each other!

I agree it's a shame that the company grew too fast for them to handle properly everything that goes with it, and they are trying to push to many products at once because i did like the concept of the original SSG24, a bolt that shoots good enough out of the box. As someone who learned how aggravating it can be to take apart your JG bar 10 about 10 000 times to get it right and sink in it 3 times the cost in upgrade parts.

And i think those youtube channels are good because they bring us new players, and we should be taking the time to welcome/educate them on what airsoft is supposed to be and what fun it can be for everyone. That's right, i will not buy his product but i think he is good for airsoft.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.