Gg Warthog Upgrade Advice Needed

Jacko1812

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all, 

new here but looking for some advice. I have a G&G warthog which I use for general outdoor airsoft. It’s only shooting about 250/260 and I am interested in any possible upgrades that I could do myself to boost this. It’s consistent but I’ve noted that the hopper isn’t really giving me much lift into the air to gain additional distance. Any advice is welcome as it hasn’t been touched or modified since I bought it.

many thanks in advance 

Jacko

• Supporters

First thing to check is hop rubber, might be torn

nub ineffective, clean barrel blah blah blah

strip the hop, clean barrel etc... inspect it and replace damaged/worn components

the hop is the very first thing to investigate as you got little lift & lower fps

I'd check that bit out FIRST before even considering anything else

perhaps check nozzle tip for any wear, but I'd refrain from opening up box or stuff until you sort out hop/lift

250/260? Sounds like you have an airseal issue. A buddy has one and the piston o-ring was totally ineffective, a good dosing of lube and it pushed straight back up to the 320 region.

A clean barrel and you may find your shots start to travel and hop a touch better. Usually you'd have a G&G green bucking which are pretty decent, maybe look to swapping that like for like if you don't get much joy.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.