Arp 556 Misfeeding

RAM

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guy can anyone give me an idea to what is causing this problem.

I bought some Bolt mid cap magazines for my ARP 556 which is brand new and unless the magazine in pulled back towards the grip it won't fire any BB's out if I eject the magazine it drops about 4 BB's. If the magazine if slightly forward it won't fire any BB's if I use the hi cap magazine it works fine.

• Supporters

This is a pretty common issue with mags.  You can use the fuzzy side of some adhesive velcro (available in the sewing section in most supermarkets) to sort out the alignment.  Either stick it inside the front of the magwell (although you might then have to file down the high cap), or stick it on the front of the mid cap mags.  You could also try adding epoxy / JB weld to the front of the mags or gluing thin plastic to them. I like to use pieces of cable tie for packing things out - the ridged side takes glue well, and the smooth side is, well, smooth.

I know it seems like this stuff should all just fit, but every manufacturer uses slightly different specs and tolerances. Fun fact internet anecdote, the STANAG "standard" appears to still be an unapproved draft after decades of practical use.

@Rogerborg thanks very much for the help I will give it a go with the velcro and hopefully it will stop being a pain in the neck. Apart from that issue I'm loving using it and had a blast on Sunday with it at Apocalypse which was the 1st time I got to use it.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.