Looking for Constructive Feedback on My Airsoft Ammo

adamwood

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi Guys, 

Myself and my good friend from over the pond have been working on  some good quality affordable ammo for a long time now and I'm looking for people that attend airsoft events on a regular basis to test my .30g bb's.

Obviously the bb's will be free and all I request in return is some constructive feedback. I have used this ammo for a longtime now and I am very happy with the quality and the performance. I have never had any issues with the bb's breaking inside my gun or causing any damage and rest assured I have some expensive guns.

If you would like to participate please send me a message and I will arrange to have some bb's posted to you. 

Thanks in advance! 

Adam

Lazer3s_display_master.png

how much are you planning to retail them for?

• Supporters
1 hour ago, adamwood said:

constructive feedback

Which OEM are you using, which other brands of the exact same BBs from the exact same factory are you competing against, and how are you pricing your rebranding against theirs?

I've PM'd you dude - I would be happy to test them out against the 4 or 5 brands I have lying around in the 0.28-0.3 range. 

Definitely not just looking for free stuff here guys.. I mean this is for science! 😜

14 minutes ago, Zarrin said:

I've PM'd you dude - I would be happy to test them out against the 4 or 5 brands I have lying around in the 0.28-0.3 range. 

Definitely not just looking for free stuff here guys.. I mean this is for science! 😜

Haha yeah for the good of all airsoft kind! You legend lol

Regards

2 hours ago, DestrO said:

how much are you planning to retail them for?

£8 for 2500 

44 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

i think @gasman might be our man here, he's already done a standardized suite of tests on a bunch of bb's

Sounds good! @gasman get in touch if you want to participate and I will have some shipped out to you.

Cheers!

1 hour ago, Rogerborg said:

Which OEM are you using, which other brands of the exact same BBs from the exact same factory are you competing against, and how are you pricing your rebranding against theirs?

I appreciate your input but can't help but feel hostility with your choice of words. We have tested a variety of manufactures/factories over a long period of time and we have found the current inventory to be above and beyond anything we have tested before. 

Being skeptical is understandable when it comes down to a new brand of Airsoft ammo but I think in certain circumstances it can be good not to make assumptions. 

The pricing will be £8 for 2500 .30g bb's inc. postage. 

Many thanks, 

Adam 

34 minutes ago, adamwood said:

I appreciate your input but can't help but feel hostility with your choice of words. We have tested a variety of manufactures/factories over a long period of time and we have found the current inventory to be above and beyond anything we have tested before. 

Being skeptical is understandable when it comes down to a new brand of Airsoft ammo but I think in certain circumstances it can be good not to make assumptions. 

The pricing will be £8 for 2500 .30g bb's inc. postage. 

Many thanks, 

Adam 

I would have asked exactly the same questions that he has asked. It's not hostility at all, its just some basic questions to gauge the background, quality and value of your BB's. If you feel that its "Hostile" It looks to me that you don't want to share that information for some reason, maybe because we wont like the answer? To others it seems like you might be Gaslighting.

Another "New bb brand" has come out recently who claim its "special formulations". But is actually just off the shelf PJ/BLS. So asking who your OEM is, is a perfectly legitimate question.

The price is fairly competitive, but I want to know whether I am getting PJ, BLS or other BB's. Guessing by your price point they would be PJ/Goldenballs or possibly Javelin OEM.

Why should I buy your BB's over the OEM ones that are likely cheaper? We are skeptical because Airsoft is rife with brands that don't actually make any of their own product, but buy from an OEM, slap a brand on it and call it the next best thing whilst giving out free samples to people who feel compelled to write a good review. 

So please, by all means front up your product and tell us some compelling reasons to purchase.

EDIT: I think the packaging label screams a little bit "Cheap" to me. I would personally have gone for a slicker packaging that doesn't include a graphic like that. Look at some other BB manufacturers packaging, much simpler and oozes more of a professional vibe. Having .30 BB's at that price point in the UK fills a little bit of a niche as I have to import BB's for that sort of price at that weight. Will your price stay they same when the EU transition period ends?

I would be happy to test out a pack of these as a comparison to my other cheap BB suppliers. 

4 minutes ago, Asomodai said:

I would have asked exactly the same questions that he has asked. It's not hostility at all, its just some basic questions. If you feel that its "Hostile" I reckon its because you just don't want to share that information for some reason, maybe because we wont like the answer? Seems like you might be Gaslighting.

Another "New bb brand" has come out recently who claim its "special formulations". But is actually just off the shelf PJ/BLS. So who is your OEM?

The price is fairly competitive, but I want to know whether I am getting PJ, BLS or other BB's?

Why should I buy your BB's over the OEM ones that are likely cheaper?

As mentioned it was the choice of words. It wasn't the questions asked. TBF this is an online forum so this way of communicating is more common. I'm more familiar with face to face interactions so yeh the direct approach is fair.

I have not once claimed any special formulations and I personally don't deal directly with the OEM. I asked for constructive feedback from potential buyers.

"likely cheaper?" please send any links for any potential competitors selling .30g bb's at £8 shipped for 2500.

Cheers 

Your difficulty here is that there has recently been a "new" brand of BB's launch whom I'm sure you'll be aware of. They market as being more consistent than others and have created a bit of a following behind them.

It's not surprising to see another brand coming up with similar claims as ultimately there will be a very large scale factory somewhere that has changed it's recipe a little bit.

If yours are on a level playing field with others quality wise then you fight at the lowest common dnominator which is price. Your pricing is decent as long as you can keep the P&P under control or you regulate RRP through retailers.

Good work getting as far as you have, I do feel a bit bad being as V...erm.. another brand recently launched so well and can't help but think they could have stolen a lot of your potential thunder.

• Supporters

Sorry for coming across as a grumpy cynical bugger (although I am), but with the likes of Novritsch out there shilling his over-priced swollen balls with mumbo-jumbo marketing, I caught a quick dose of "not this again".  However, it's clearly not that again, since you're kindly sending out samplers. I apologise, my reaction was churlish.

Having a non-unique OEM is not in any way a bad thing - if you're selling a known quality of BBs at a lower price, what's not to like?

And £8 posted in the UK for 2500 0.3g is a great price.  Specna Arms Core and P&J/Proslick 0.3g can be had for a tiny bit less from Gunfire and Taiwan Gun, but that's a week to deliver and the postage costs would devour any savings.

What I would note is that it's a curious time to be releasing a new brand of .3g non-bio BBs in the UK, as more woodland sites go bio-only.  That precludes me using them, so I'll just wish you the best of luck.

• 2 weeks later...
On 17/08/2020 at 21:08, adamwood said:

£8 for 2500 

Sounds good! @gasman get in touch if you want to participate and I will have some shipped out to you.

Cheers!

Hi Adam

I would be happy to test any samples you care to send a max of 100 will do for my tests. I am always looking out for the best value for money BBs to recommend to people.

My original testing is now dated but for the best finish and roundness I still say G&G P.S.B.P are the most perfect consistency bag after bag.

Pro balls have been the best of the cheap BBs real value for money for .25 BBs and .28.

I have tested some other BBs that have offered sampler packs and given feedback to the supplier that contradicted his claims of better quality and weight consistency, better grouping so honest but not public.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.