Ssg24

Luke26

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I'm sceptical, for 2 reasons. 

1, the vast majority of sites won't allow them. 

2, When they are a commercial flop and the support disappears you might as well have a gun that shoots lazerdiscs.

• Supporters
3 hours ago, Cromulon1994 said:

When they are a commercial flop and the support disappears you might as well have a gun that shoots lazerdiscs

Mmm, it's clearly designed for the explicit purpose of monopoly supply.

Just don't lose the original hop and barrel.

Every sensible player stayed away from it.

I really wonder why...

You have to respect the commercial mind Nov has. He's creating a monopoly here and is feeding full thrust off the sniping having less of an advantage than shown on YouTube videos argument when people ask advice on buying an ssg24 straight away instead to renting. it's a great counter argument he's created! 

6.44 is a standard bearing race size isn't it? Means it would.have been easy to put the beebs into production if the equipment to polish bearings tot hat size already exists the work is done already it's just producing ones of the desired weight and modifying components to house them in the gun. 

5 minutes ago, Schnakey said:

You have to respect the commercial mind Nov has. He's creating a monopoly here and is feeding full thrust off the sniping having less of an advantage than shown on YouTube videos argument when people ask advice on buying an ssg24 straight away instead to renting. it's a great counter argument he's created! 

6.44 is a standard bearing race size isn't it? Means it would.have been easy to put the beebs into production if the equipment to polish bearings tot hat size already exists the work is done already it's just producing ones of the desired weight and modifying components to house them in the gun. 

As if the airsoft industry didn't have enough "standards" already, let's introduce a new one that forces you to buy supplies and parts from ONE guy, who is known for selling gold plated turds while being backed by the worst customer support ever.

Plus the hassle of having a dedicated setting on every chrono at every site, as if people playing with all sorts of bb weights wasn't enough lol.

He might have created a monopoly with his Full Turd system, but it's not an effective one as nobody uses it

30 minutes ago, Skara said:

He might have created a monopoly with his Full Turd system, but it's not an effective one as nobody uses it

It's shady as he contacts smaller airsoft Youtubers and offers to send them his latest product. They then feel obliged to give it a positive review/show loads of really cool game play with it. However it does seem "full thrust" has been a failure (really not surprising). I never hear of people using it (even on Youtube) and even Nov isn't pushing it anymore.

He probably realized it was wank..

• Supporters
24 minutes ago, Schnakey said:

He made a video quote early on about it being 'safer' and addressing concerns. 

There's a very tenuous claim to be made that larger = more distributed impact area = less chance of blowing through eyepro or producing injuries.

And to be fair, he did do a decent video here about why to measure in Joules with the weight that you're actually going to use, while even demonstrating that you can make a spring gun that will deliberately cheat a 0.2g chrono and then Joule creep like crazy.

(Granted, he made a safety video without wearing safety glasses)

Now, all that said...

Guessing most fields took one look at it and it's intended purpose and said no.

The intended purpose was to make him money.

I do not for one second believe that there was any other motivation behind it, and everything that he's said about it since then has been a sales pitch.

However.

All that said, I'll do another 180 and say that if this had halted the push towards ever heavier and heavier 6mm ammo, which becomes less and less plastic and more and more ceramic or powdered metal as the mass goes up, then I'd be in favour of it.

But that's not its intention, and nor do I think it would achieve that.  If it had taken off, I guarantee that he'd have started selling higher density, higher mass BBs, each one personally and individually washed and coated in purest snake oil.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.