Budget Holographic Sight

Reginald

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey, nowt much to this I would just like some recommendations for cheap but not too cheap holographic sights. Or if you have any other recommendations for CQB sights. It will be used on an M4

Feel free to leave any other attachments you suggest for CQB

31 minutes ago, Reginald said:

Hey, nowt much to this I would just like some recommendations for cheap but not too cheap holographic sights. Or if you have any other recommendations for CQB sights. It will be used on an M4

Feel free to leave any other attachments you suggest for CQB

No such thing as a cheap holographic sight. I’m guessing you mean the clone Chinese sights?

If you’re playing indoors, don’t buy an EOTech clone, almost all of them are too dark to be useful. Otherwise, buy something cheap and see how you get on  with it, there are hundreds of options out there to choose from, pick something you like the look of.

28 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

No such thing as a cheap holographic sight. I’m guessing you mean the clone Chinese sights?

If you’re playing indoors, don’t buy an EOTech clone, almost all of them are too dark to be useful. Otherwise, buy something cheap and see how you get on  with it, there are hundreds of options out there to choose from, pick something you like the look of.

Yeah I've found some remakes. They are by a named brand and by a decent retailer but I would assume that being £30 shows the quality. I think I'll end up just getting a reflex sight 👍🏻

• Supporters

clone eotechs come in 2 forms:

ones with a reticle bright enough to be visible/useful

ones with clear enough lenses for you to see through

however those features are mutually exclusive.

as for the cheap red dots, as rocketdogbert says pretty much it's a case of have a go with whatever style takes your fancy.

• Supporters

Yes, I just use cheap unmagnified red dot reflectors. The technology is so simple that there's no real merit to paying more than £20 for airsoft / CQB use.

I've got a couple of these, which are robust enough and have loads of "modes to be choose": 4 reticules, two colours and multiple brightness levels.

image.thumb.png.ae533a1cd19be38e84c00440b57a443e.png

Sadly, they did indeed not come with one yuan coin. :(  However, other opening solutions are available.

Load and loads of eBay / Amazon sellers for these, e.g. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/133490760017

I've even had success with some sub-£6 sights although they've benefited from some re-assembly and glueing the parts in place, so I wouldn't recommend them.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.