Can I Play With Someone Else's UKARA Membership

Reginald

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

3 hours ago, Cannonfodder said:

But neither the OP or his father have a defence. The OP isn't old enough and his father isn't an airsofter

That's partially inaccurate. There is no minimum age limit to have a defence - if an 8-year-old played airsoft three times in two months at a site for which public liability insurance is held, he'd have the same defence as anyone else. The only differences are (a) he'd be too young to register that defence with UKARA, (b) because he's too young to buy any airsoft gun. As @Rogerborg says:

49 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

1. There is no age limit on the defence for modification, so it's always been legal for his dad to get a two-tone, then for him to modify it into a RIF for the purposes of organised airsofting.

There is nothing illegal about OP's father (over 18... I hope) purchasing an IF and gifting it to OP, OP playing (or having already played) his three games in two months to have a defence, and finally OP manufacturing a RIF by stripping the bright paint off his IF.

As to whether or not this "person who doesn't have a defence purchasing a RIF to immediately gift to someone who does" is legitimate... I think there's an argument to be made that it could be. PatrolBase need to be able to show that they made the gun available for the purposes of airsoft, and if they know OP has a defence and but-for being a minor would be able to purchase a RIF himself, I think they could say that they made it available for that purpose. Whether or not they will do that - and I strongly suspect they won't - is up to them.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Tackle said:

Lol, I'm deffo thinking number 3

It's what I thought right away, which is why I'm not that fussed by this thread.

What 15 year old lad wouldn't browse PatrolBase and then come up a wizard wheeze to get his hands on some of that tacticool kit?

All that aside, if he's keen to try airsoft, good for him. Let's get him playing at a proper site, then a solution will present itself.

• 6 months later...
  • Supporters
11 minutes ago, SourLotKing said:

It just doesn't look great and for airsoft games its to bright

Agree, but it's a necessary evil that some new players have to adhere to in order to own "guns" , there are legal alternatives that also make rif ownership possible, but some people always seem to be intent on avoiding all the legal routes to ownership.

That puts all the long term dedicated players at risk, personally I don't want people in our sport that are prepared to do that to us 🤬

Guest Mr. No_Face

On 26/02/2021 at 12:05, SourLotKing said:

It just doesn't look great and for airsoft games its to bright

I absolutely hate two tone guns too but Defconairsoft use a dull, blue paint for two toned guns so they don't look as bad. Every Gun I've purchased thus far has been from there and one thing I've noticed is the paint application is so light that it chips off by itself gradually. Unfortunately it also stains my plate carriers. But anyway, the end result is a pretty decent weathered look once it's handled for a while. My old Firehawk looks super weathered after coming up to 2 years since I bought it. (The contrast in the pictures taken from my phone's cam don't do it justice. But trust me its a dull light blue.)

STAIN.png

thumbnail_IMG_1018.jpg

• Head Moderator
4 hours ago, SLACK_JAW said:

Defconairsoft use a dull, blue paint for two toned guns... the paint application is so light that it chips off by itself gradually.

Trading standards and UKARA police need a tip off to stop such shoddy workmanship ;)

Guest Mr. No_Face
On 26/02/2021 at 17:55, Jedi_Master said:

Trading standards and UKARA police need a tip off to stop such shoddy workmanship ;)

Yeah how dare those guys!  I was loving every bit of that toy blue. 😉

200.gif

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.