Hi From Newcastle

Nez3598

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

@Nez3598 👋

Welcome to the Forum, good luck getting your gear & guns and finding a main site! Check around and ask away, people on here help like minded players! 🔫😎👍
Also likely some Newcastle lads here.... 🤪
💷GAMBLE💷

• Head Moderator

Welcome :).

hi am from newcastle havent played in awhile but was wanting to get back into it myself then lockdown happened

Hi, I'm from a little down the road, in Teesside.

Do you have an idea of where you're wanting to play yet? 

You've got a decent number of sites to choose from up here. 

NSC just outside Newcastle

No Limits in Gateshead

Beacon 155 outside Sunderland

NTAC in the same area

Dirty Dog at Shildon

District 23 at Billingham

Adrenalin near Richmond 

Plus a few others a little further out. 

Shop wise, you have BZ tactical near Stockton: theyre pretty much the only real store in the Northeast, though you also have Just Paintball in Darlington if you're just after the essentials.

I believe No Limits also have a small on-site store, though I've never been so can't confirm what it's like. 

On 13/08/2020 at 16:40, Nez3598 said:

Josh here from Newcastle,28. Was briefly into the hobby when I was younger and would like to get back into it. Don't have any guns or gear yet. Hoping for some advice on all that. Any other Newcastle lads around? 

Dont cha just love it .

Josh,28,was into hobby when he was younger!!!!!!

Man I'm feeling old now! Lol

Welcome Josh 

.enjoy.

Regards

On 14/08/2020 at 07:46, Hudson said:

Hi, I'm from a little down the road, in Teesside.

Do you have an idea of where you're wanting to play yet? 

You've got a decent number of sites to choose from up here. 

NSC just outside Newcastle

No Limits in Gateshead

Beacon 155 outside Sunderland

NTAC in the same area

Dirty Dog at Shildon

District 23 at Billingham

Adrenalin near Richmond 

Plus a few others a little further out. 

Shop wise, you have BZ tactical near Stockton: theyre pretty much the only real store in the Northeast, though you also have Just Paintball in Darlington if you're just after the essentials.

I believe No Limits also have a small on-site store, though I've never been so can't confirm what it's like. 

Been looking at no limits and nsc mate. Any you goto regular? 

12 minutes ago, Nez3598 said:

If you like outdoor/ woodland go to nsc

if you like indoor/ cqb then no limits (never been there myself)

If I was you I’d go to both and see what you like (taking into account factors like: car park size, safe zone, facilities etc etc)

1 hour ago, Nez3598 said:

I've been to NSC once; it was okay but nothing that grabbed me. Will head back sometime and see what it's like to compare then & now.

I've never been to No Limits, as I'm just not a big fan of pure CQB & it's a bit of a trek to go for that.

Regular sites I go to (or did before 2020 happened) are F&O Stealth woods; a bit further south, out of the area so I didn't include it, Dirty Dog, Beacon 155, Humber Airsoft, and HQ Airsoft.
the last 2 are also a bit further afield; about 2 hours drive away from me.

My experiences of the local sites are: 

Dirty Dog - a good mix of outdoor and CQB, but lacks large woods and often gets a bit too busy for my tastes.
Beacon 155 - okay, but suffers from attracting numbers sometimes and currently not running due to this situation.
NTAC - I've only recently been for a wednesday evening game there. Not too bad, better than I remember it being; though it was under different owners last I went.
District 23 - Alright, but as mentioned, I'm not a CQB-fan, I can't do more than a couple of hours there personally, and quite on the small side.
NSC - Seemed like a good site, but when I went, the games seemed very restricted and locked you into only playing in small areas at a time with little room to flank or move.
Adrenalin - Suffered from similar complaints to NSC, though they've recently started running full-site mini-milsim games which I've yet to try out; I'm booked in for one at the start of September, so fingers crossed it's good!

There's also sites run by Battlezone Paintball/BZ tactical; one at Scotch Corner and one at Yarm. (I believe they only run the Yarm one now as SC struggled to get players). That's okay, but obviously very paintbally and again, you're locked into only playing on smallish arenas at a time.

Hi Josh, welcome to the forum.

I've not been here long myself but the guys around here are brilliant and super helpful.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I've been playing at No Limits airsoft now for around three months and its a great little site . Great staff and loads on hand to give you advice on what suits the site . Its fast paced and the games can be over quite quickly but it runs from 13:00 till 18:00 on Sundays . Get a face mask and some kind of head wear if you do fancy it. No Limits is easy to find and not far from team valley for buses on hand things like that.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.