Marui Glock 17 Gen 4 Who's Got One

AngryDad223

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

larger BBU -> more kick and I believe they have the new hop chamber

The slide catch won’t be wearing the slide, it has the same style slide as the G19 & G22, that is an alloy insert to stop this happening.

I would normally have bought one by now, but I’m waiting for the GHK to be released, it’s likely to be the best out of the box Glock with a completely different system to all the others 

Me!

Edit: As mentioned it has the larger BBU and different hop chamber (same as G19). The overall finish is slightly less toy-like and it's true 1:1 scale - unlike the Gen.3 which is slightly wider.

I can't really comment on gas efficiency, blowback, longevity etc as I've only done a bit of plinking with it.

Not sure what percentage of owners have had issues with a section of their slide breaking. I know one person who had, was using high pressure gas.

I’ve went from the gen3 to gen4, defo feels  better put together, better tolerances, Nicer kick. I’ve only been able to plink with it but defo has plenty or range and good accuracy. Overall an improvement I’d say

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Maligator said:

Correct me if im wrong but top slide is polymer right and not metal? 

I think most things Tokyo Marui are polymer but good quality 🧐

On 23/08/2020 at 10:50, Maligator said:

Correct me if im wrong but top slide is polymer right and not metal? 

Yup, all TM’s have polymer slides

• 1 month later...

All newer TM have metal inserts in the ploymer at stress areas

Never had a glock until I got the gen 4...must say I like it a lot. Nice kick, stuck a new hop rubber in and it hops 28s nicely. Feels well made tbh, and I had the tm fnx45 prior to this which was also lovely just a bit big.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.