Protecting Your Optics

Liam1992

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

For me it depends on the optic. Eotech types I cut fit acrylic to a flip up should piece, without the flip up piece.

For sights which limited in fitment option i default to one of the flip up units, as they can often be reversed to get them closer.

For scope with flip covers I cut acrylic discs and side them inside the flip cover so they are held between the body of the optic and lip of the flip cover.

On 15/08/2020 at 12:40, Keldon said:

If you want something a bit more durable than lexan you can use blue sapphire glass, stuff made for watches 

Sapphire glass is extremely brittle and smashes very easily. just difficult to scratch

i use some small steel mesh , cut to shape, 

can get good fit to scopes and others, use a small  style chip holder from poundshop, cut it to shape and put in scope or mould to red dot,  bit of black spray before fitting , easy diy flash hider

chip.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

GunsModify do a really good eotech lens protector, mine has taken a good few strikes with no real issue. Only downside can be moisture gets between the protector and the eotech lens so can leave watermarks 

• Supporters

I should stress real optics can absolutely get shot out by airsoft hits, if you spend big on one be double sure to protect it.  The glass in them is designed for the best clarity, light gathering, magnification etc etc they're generally not super resistant vs direct impact to the lenses themselves.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.