Need Help/Advice on a Purchase

Talltom

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi Guys,

Need a bit of advice on this as I've never had anything like this happen, so brought a WE G19 and spare mag off a dealers site back on the 12th may. They confirmed it on the 18th and i payed for 24hr delivery. on the 6th June I emailed to inform them it still hadn't arrived. They stated that the tracking was showing as still in transit.

3rd July still nothing so send another email. 3 days later on the 6th July I was given a tracking number which stated id signed for it on the 15th July, signature on the screen wasn't mine and on the day I was over 140miles away from home with work from 8th June till 22nd so not really possible. Interestingly the tracking also stated it was collected from the company on the 12th June exactly a month after I payed for it.

On the 7th July I was told they had opened a claim about this

On the 29th July I left the house at 5am to go for my run and the parcel was in the porch no notes no knock on the door just dropped off. however the secondary mag wasn't in the package. package was just a shrink wrapped black plastic which I confirmed was how it was sent out. it did have a rip on the top where they say the 2nd mag was. 

Since then I've been trying to get a straight answer from them this is the response I get "If this has been stolen from the package I will need to get the security services involved as these are a restricted item and launch an investigation through parcelforce."  my response "the way I'm seeing it the packaging has split during the 62days in the post and the mag has fallen out and they have just taped it up, probably explains why it was apparently delivered and then actually delivered a while later" they aren't acknowledging the length of time it took to post or the lack of protection for the parcel

I'm starting to query if I'm just being screwed around, lying about posting when i payed and actually posted a month after paying, clearly badly packaged, looking at the parcel if the mag hadn't gone I wouldn't be surprised if it had been broken I've never seen anyone just put shrink wrap on no bubble wrap at all and they have admitted to putting the mag on the top of the box.

any suggestions on this as I'm completely lost as to what I should do now

I've attached a copy of the tracking as can be seen my name doesn't have an I an f/d or an X so god knows what's going on there

Thanks 

Tom

Might be worth removing that screenshot, as I now know your full name. Persec and all that

Ultimately, the seller paid the parcel company to deliver a package and you clearly haven't received your order - thus you have two options imo:

- Ask for a partial refund for the mag, source it from another location

- Ask for a full refund and be prepared to send back the RIF.

It's up to the seller to figure out what's gone on with the parcel itself, I wouldn't do their investigations for them... You paid for X and Y, you only received X.

If they don't agree to a refund, you would need to consider a chargeback through your bank if this situation is covered under their T&Cs. The cost of the mag is probably too low to be worth actually suing over (£35 to raise a small claims case, plus whatever you value your time to be).

Consider naming and shaming!

We have a response to id like a refund for the mag or a new mag

turns out that when they reported the lack of a delivery on the 8th well they didn't

"They wouldnt have done this until the lost items were reported when you reported them to me a few days ago they wouldn't have done this on there own accord unfortunately. I have sent this over to them and we will need to request this to be checked over until then there isnt much more we can do as they will need to accept the loss before we send another out. The issue is that since covid a lot of people have been claiming lost parcels due to them not actually signing for them as the orders are contact free. When in fact they have received them all so we need to investigate this before we can do anything as out cameras show this being packed in total."

so from my side the "few days" is actually 2 weeks

• Supporters

Are you still talking to the retailer directly?

The sooner you initiate a chargeback, the sooner you'll get this sorted.  At the moment they're just stringing you along hoping you'll go away.

• Supporters
3 hours ago, Talltom said:

turns out that when they reported the lack of a delivery on the 8th well they didn't

"They wouldnt have done this until the lost items were reported when you reported them to me a few days ago they wouldn't have done this on there own accord unfortunately. I have sent this over to them and we will need to request this to be checked over until then there isnt much more we can do as they will need to accept the loss before we send another out. The issue is that since covid a lot of people have been claiming lost parcels due to them not actually signing for them as the orders are contact free. When in fact they have received them all so we need to investigate this before we can do anything as out cameras show this being packed in total."

Sounds like bs to me, are they blaming covid for taking a month to ship it as well, also saying they'll need to involve the "security services" is more bs, clearly in the hope you'll say "oh well" & assume the position.

Initiate the chargeback immediately, the bank will do your bidding & the seller will do as their told.

Simples

4 hours ago, Talltom said:

Sounds like bs to me, are they blaming covid for taking a month to ship it as well, also saying they'll need to involve the "security services" is more bs, clearly in the hope you'll say "oh well" & assume the position.

Initiate the chargeback immediately, the bank will do your bidding & the seller will do as their told.

Simples

& ffs name the seller ?

so after todays shenanigans with them, ill be on the phone to the bank tomorrow. I think as you guys have said they are stringing me along as they now state that they have to wait for Parcelforce to complete the investigation before they can refund/send a new, they didn't even touch on the fact I had said id said the pistol back for a full refund  and they are still ignoring all the other issues, late postage etc so the dealer is:

Defcon airsoft, located Stoke on Trent

Oddly enough Defcon done something very similar to me. Had ordered a load of upgrade parts off them. After a month nothing had shown up and no tracking details provided! Contacted them and was told it was in the post and that I'd just need to wait. Asked for a refund as it was clear nothing had been posted, was told they had to investigate first. Went on Facebook to leave a review and had the money in my bank 20 minutes later. Point is I don't feel Defcon can be trusted to post anything

Defcon did me over aswell, telling me they gave me a call. Asked them what my number was and they changed a number. Interesting since my contact details are on the invoice they send me. Had so many issues with them, they just can't accept blame.

Another one here that's had a bad experience of them, was of their tech who they couldn't decided if he worked for them or not. Steer well clear. 

Dropped my AK off in person, has a buzzer system like gun shops tend to and couldn't have been less interested in getting my business etc and were a bit standoffish. Also there is no parking at all save some 30 mins no return. Popped into another well known retailer in the Midlands and the difference was night and day, super helpful and friendly and loads of parking! Wish I'd used their tech.

Two words as evidenced by the delivery times spoke about here - Drop Shippers.

now I don't think its parcel forces fault in my case at least I genuinely believe they didn't post it for a month as the tracking indicated it was posted on the 12th June.

the fact the mags missing its unknown who to blame defcon say they have photos of it all being packaged well somehow I just don't believe it from the previous lies they have told

• Supporters
46 minutes ago, Talltom said:

defcon say they have photos of it all being packaged

Then that's a matter for them to take up with their chosen courier, it's got nothing to do with you.

7 hours ago, Talltom said:

wow so clearly not a good place to shop 

Was gonna write out a massive paragraph in their review thread, got about 10 lines in and just gave up. Bought a pistol mag from them, they accidentally sent me a TM Glock 19 and a TM mag. Gave em a call, they said they'd put in some stuff with my actual order. No, I will not be wearing your patch, thank you very much

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.