Buying My First GBB Rifle

Reginald

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Once you go Gas, you never go back...

providing you buy a good one they will run indefinitely with very little maintenance. Me and 2 other mates ran out mws’ at dagger woods last Saturday. I ran a RS buffer and buffer spring and it full auto mag dumped happily and locked back. My mates FPS deviation at chrono was .8fps over the 9 shots. Not 8... 0.8. They make consistent 65m shots with just a nub and some heavy bbs at the stock 312fps  

Run them on propane, clean the barrel every now and then as you should with all airsoft guns, and spray it with a bit of lube on occasion. Takes 5 mins to completely clean and service, compared to an AEG which is a ball ache. 

The ONLY factor these days with the quality and efficiency the good GBBR’s are offering, is if the user can manage with 30ish round mags. 

1 hour ago, Wo1f said:

The ONLY factor these days with the quality and efficiency the good GBBR’s are offering, is if the user can manage with 30ish round mags. 

I'd agree that the main problem with using a GBBR in a game is ammo.

If everyone was using one it would be great.

So yeah, MilSim.  I've not been to one myself but from what I've researched, its long winded games where you have to carry everything that would normally sit in the safe zone.

• Head Moderator

Moderator Comment

@Reginald  As you only 15, it is illegal to purchase or be sold an IF or RIF.    However, some of the information in this topic will be useful to any adult buying you a gift, and whether to get a GBBR or not as a first gun.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.