Posting Batteries

emilianoksa

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

This is probably a stupid questions but please bear with me.

If I wanted to send somebody two hardly used  9.6 nimhs, which were last charged only about a month ago, would the post office accept them?

Considering that they still had juice in them, would they be a fire hazard?

Remember that they are only nimhs, and not lipos.

I imagine it would be a problem and I would probably have to dispose of them.

But I wanted to check with you boys.

6 minutes ago, emilianoksa said:

This is probably a stupid questions but please bear with me.

If I wanted to send somebody two hardly used  9.6 nimhs, which were last charged only about a month ago, would the post office accept them?

Considering that they still had juice in them, would they be a fire hazard?

Remember that they are only nimhs, and not lipos.

I imagine it would be a problem and I would probably have to dispose of them.

But I wanted to check with you boys.

Not through the Royal Mail

https://www.postoffice.co.uk/mail/uk-what-can-i-send

Certain types of batteries can be sent, but have limitations on their type, whether they are new or not and the number of battery cells.

Other carriers may be able to send them via specific services 

You will need to check the prohibited and restricted list of each carrier and each method they have available.

• Supporters

All true, but I'd be fairly sure that retailers don't give a stuff about which courier they use, or what their policies are, for either batteries or RIFS.  As far as I can tell, all UK couriers say that they won't carry imitation firearms.  Yes, Parcel Force 48 too - they won't even carry toy guns.  And yet here we are, getting them delivered every day.

30 minutes ago, Albiscuit said:

I call everything I post that is airsoft related “sporting goods” at the post office.

havent had an issue yet

There is the common sense method of declaring sporting goods and the idiot method.

The idiot method of posting air cylinders whilst under pressure caused changes to TPED regulations and legislation.

Now it’s difficult to legitimately post even a cylinder with the regulator removed, and they still end up in domestic air mail 

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Albiscuit said:

I wouldn't send anything pressurised

Neither would I, but I would note that a mag can't be pressurised to higher than the can that you fill it from, and that those cans are posted around the country every day and slung in the same consignments as everything else.

I know, the rules are silly when retailers are allowed (or get away) with posting these things across the country/world. I wouldnt worry about sending a low cost item that was specifically against the rules personally. Its a bit different to potentially dangerous or high value things. But a battery that was properly packaged for example (like in a plastic box when you buy them rather than slung in a jiffy bag) shouldnt be a problem.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.