What Brand AEG and Why?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

8 hours ago, Musica said:

Scorpion evo 2018 smg.

I wanted out of the box performance and aside from the gears being awful I would do it again and again. Reason I haven't got another AEG is I just can't justify them as I struggle to find anything that would work as well as the Evo.

I keep looking at the EVO Carbines....ticks that box of “Not an M4” and they seem brilliant out of the box.

Any issues with the mosfet? I’ve read the odd thing here and there but anything can fail so it’s hard to gauge “real” issues.

The Scorpions are great guns OOTB, they have consistently improved them since their release, the early and 2018 electronics are a bit hit n miss / limited lifespan, and the 2018 gearset can also have QC issues.

The earlier variants AFAIK are backwards compatible, so you can drop in the new 2020 FCU.

The hop unit can be improved with some TLC but it is a great product for sure.

They are also very easy to work on, quick change spring is nice, battery fitment/space is the only gripe but just means a midday batt swap.

• Supporters
16 hours ago, mattaddiction said:

I only tend to play at Woddland sites and I find the opposite. When I used to go to Urban Assault (granted not a proper CQB site) that's where I've tended to find  people with obviously hot guns which wasn't ever pleasant in close quarters and would just be getting out ranged in the open.  I personally find in woodland you can at least narrow some of that gap most of the time if your outraged. 

I guess this highlights how site dependent "Wot R rite gun 4 me?" is.

The Depot is properly CQB, engagement ranges are down to a few metres now, to the point where I can get hits with a tri-shot without any hop on it.  My other local candidate at Biohazard looks like it's going the same way now. I'd actually say trigger response determines the winner in many situations there, not energy or accuracy.  They're also fairly good with chronoing in-game (pre-game chrono is largely theatre), although I'd like to see more of it.

Woodland, even on a relatively small site with decent ground cover, and shooting 330-340fps with OK-ish hop and accuracy, I found myself consistently outranged and having to do a lot of mud-hugging.  Not unenjoyable, but playing in hard mode compared to having those crucial extra 10 or even 5 metres.

Then you look at places like Section 8 which is plantation woodland with little ground cover and long open lanes between the trees and you can see why so many of the videos there are of folk mag-dumping while shouting "Move up! Move up!" to see if anyone is daft enough to do it. :D

14 hours ago, Nodnol said:

I keep looking at the EVO Carbines....ticks that box of “Not an M4” and they seem brilliant out of the box.

Any issues with the mosfet? I’ve read the odd thing here and there but anything can fail so it’s hard to gauge “real” issues.

no issues I know about. The 2020 version has a new mosfet and Dave is right it can be put in to the older evos as well.

Gears are the  hot issue with evos.

On 10/08/2020 at 23:25, Musica said:

Scorpion evo 2018 smg.

Reason I haven't got another AEG is I just can't justify them as I struggle to find anything that would work as well as the Evo.

Tokyo Marui magic? You know that TM fairy dust right ?  😂

12 hours ago, AlphaBear said:

Tokyo Marui magic? You know that TM fairy dust right ?  😂

I just see too many people "upgrade" their TMs to want one.

Edited to put "" around upgrade as they usually fuck it up.

40 minutes ago, Davegolf said:

People usually mess them up maybe, but when you do it right they make exceptional guns.

Just what happens with every other manufacturer ;)

15 minutes ago, Skara said:

Just what happens with every other manufacturer ;)

Haha yeh no - not equal amounts of leg work or repeatable results across multiple builds though :D

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.