New Specna Arms Lmg M249 at Low Price Point.

Asomodai

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Allegedly NOT the S&T rebranded as it is a proper LMG box. Quite tempted by the MK46 on account of being old and knackered and my A&K M249 Para is heavy.

The only Specna LMG I can afford at the moment is this https://gunfire.com/en/products/specna-arms-sa-249-patch-1152221744.html

Doesn't look bad to be honest, not that I would every buy a LMG..

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Likewise would be interested in any feedback regarding these? 

Anyone know if can alter them to fire in semi? Titan or something? Just thinking some play rules only allow semi at certain points

From the video it looks a clone of the CAM249 gearbox (PGC style). I think your mosfet options would be limited to external ones, so any semi would be timing based rather than detection of gear rotation. As far as I know, nobody makes an internal GB mosfet for the 249, but happy to learn otherwise.

Alternatively you could look at either the G&P M249 or the FN Herstal licenced versions which I believe both use V2 gearboxes - that would then open up your mosfet options to Titans, BTC Spectre, etc.

Or, even easier, just get a pistol and transition on the semi-only parts of the site...

• Supporters
15 hours ago, Hatchet said:

From the video it looks a clone of the CAM249 gearbox (PGC style). I think your mosfet options would be limited to external ones, so any semi would be timing based rather than detection of gear rotation. As far as I know, nobody makes an internal GB mosfet for the 249, but happy to learn otherwise.

It's OEM'd by A&K so it's their gearbox. As you say though there are no internal mosfets but you can get external ones that are programmable to give semi on initial trigger pull then auto after a short dwell. I used to use a Burst Wizard on mine for that very reason. Thing is though that apart from the (frankly rubbish) "lightweight" models an M249 (even the para version) is hugely impractical for a CQB setting purely down to the size and weight of it.

Thanks for the input. 
I go to Proving grounds quite a bit (or did..!) and it’s all woodland but there’s a huge bridge which you can only, unfortunately, shoot semi at and off of. Would be great to have a support weapon in play but lack of semi would render all benefits redundant 🤷🏻‍♂️

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.