Cm.045 (Blue Version)

RonLancs

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

54 minutes ago, Speedbird_666 said:

I have one. Not played with it yet, will be used on Sunday for my first post-lockdown skirmish.

The new internals are pretty good - I've no plans to replace anything inside the GB until it breaks. Stock motor is torquey but a little slow (11-12 RPS on 7.4v LiPo).

I have:

- Replaced the hop rubber and nub (had a TM spare)

- Removed the fuse and added deans connector

- Changed the fire selector for this one

- Re-shimmed and re-greased (to be fair it was decent enough on both counts out of the box)

- Rocket 16TPA Hi-Torque

I'm very happy with it so far. Can't comment on longevity yet though.

Pics of the internals.

IMG_20200510_113713.jpg.c49b2ab21581cd93bca8e2bea628205e.jpgIMG_20200510_113731.jpg.13e935f4efd5240a75f3b2dd773c2be9.jpgIMG_20200510_113720.jpg.5328f85566342e7b5053672011187ff9.jpgIMG_20200510_113822.jpg.0dd786d4565cb5b2369a49957994d618.jpgIMG_20200510_115218.jpg.9a003afadd7dfacb33456d596ab79a66.jpgIMG_20200510_113850.jpg.6af02cd72de68bef05bf42d2668d283d.jpg

Mmm I’ve heard good things too. Yea, I’m planning to change bucking and barrel but will see how I get on first. Tis a shame about the motor.. I’m guessing a SHS high torque will solve snappiness and trigger response tho. Please do let me know how you get on Sunday. How’s build quality? Also, I’m planning to slam a warfet in there and get pre-cocking going and turn it into a CQB / woodland beast’n. 

54 minutes ago, Speedbird_666 said:

I have one. Not played with it yet, will be used on Sunday for my first post-lockdown skirmish.

The new internals are pretty good - I've no plans to replace anything inside the GB until it breaks. Stock motor is torquey but a little slow (11-12 RPS on 7.4v LiPo).

I have:

- Replaced the hop rubber and nub (had a TM spare)

- Removed the fuse and added deans connector

- Changed the fire selector for this one

- Re-shimmed and re-greased (to be fair it was decent enough on both counts out of the box)

- Rocket 16TPA Hi-Torque

I'm very happy with it so far. Can't comment on longevity yet though.

Pics of the internals.

IMG_20200510_113713.jpg.c49b2ab21581cd93bca8e2bea628205e.jpgIMG_20200510_113731.jpg.13e935f4efd5240a75f3b2dd773c2be9.jpgIMG_20200510_113720.jpg.5328f85566342e7b5053672011187ff9.jpgIMG_20200510_113822.jpg.0dd786d4565cb5b2369a49957994d618.jpgIMG_20200510_115218.jpg.9a003afadd7dfacb33456d596ab79a66.jpgIMG_20200510_113850.jpg.6af02cd72de68bef05bf42d2668d283d.jpg

Do they still have the terrible clear air nozzle or a decent one?

54 minutes ago, RonLancs said:

Mmm I’ve heard good things too. Yea, I’m planning to change bucking and barrel but will see how I get on first. Tis a shame about the motor.. I’m guessing a SHS high torque will solve snappiness and trigger response tho. Please do let me know how you get on Sunday. How’s build quality? 

Bearing in mind £130 will barely get you a Combat Machine in the UK, the gun is stonking value for money. Is it as nicely made as an LCT? - No, It's less than half the price, but on the other hand it's more than good enough for BB LARPwarz and a great canvas to build something very cool. I Krylon'd mine (shock! Horror!!) because...umm...it seemed like a good idea at the time. I mean, who needs resale value, right?

My gun had a bit of stock wobble (cured with a bit of card on the back of the receiver in the hinge) . Upper hand guard was missing a small self-tapping screw into the wood. Fire selector kept coming loose until I used green Loctite (which is gonna be fun to remove). Small niggles, but easily fixed and I've had worse on far more expensive guns.

I tested the gun with an SHS Hi-Speed motor, 20-22 RPS on a 7.4v LiPo. But the wiring isn't cut out for the amps and the fuse blew within a few seconds of testing. And it ate batteries. I would recommend no more than a 16TPA (SHS or Rocket Hi-Torque is Ideal).

I will probably re-wire at some point with something like a WARFET - but it's not a priority at all. The gun points extremely well and from an ergonomic point of view fits me perfectly. The balance is a bit front-heavy but that's the nature of most AKs. I find it very satisfying to pick up and fondle - more so than M4's of which I own (and have owned) many.

But on the other hand it could shit itself the very first time I use it - at which point I could be coming back here to describe what a pile of wank it is instead.

IMG_20200619_132143.jpg

16 minutes ago, Speedbird_666 said:

Bearing in mind £130 will barely get you a Combat Machine in the UK, the gun is stonking value for money. Is it as nicely made as an LCT? - No, It's less than half the price, but on the other hand it's more than good enough for BB LARPwarz and a great canvas to build something very cool. I Krylon'd mine (shock! Horror!!) because...umm...it seemed like a good idea at the time. I mean, who needs resale value, right?

My gun had a bit of stock wobble (cured with a bit of card on the back of the receiver in the hinge) . Upper hand guard was missing a small self-tapping screw into the wood. Fire selector kept coming loose until I used green Loctite (which is gonna be fun to remove). Small niggles, but easily fixed and I've had worse on far more expensive guns.

I tested the gun with an SHS Hi-Speed motor, 20-22 RPS on a 7.4v LiPo. But the wiring isn't cut out for the amps and the fuse blew within a few seconds of testing. And it ate batteries. I would recommend no more than a 16TPA (SHS or Rocket Hi-Torque is Ideal).

I will probably re-wire at some point with something like a WARFET - but it's not a priority at all. The gun points extremely well and from an ergonomic point of view fits me perfectly. The balance is a bit front-heavy but that's the nature of most AKs. I find it very satisfying to pick up and fondle - more so than M4's of which I own (and have owned) many.

But on the other hand it could shit itself the very first time I use it - at which point I could be coming back here to describe what a pile of wank it is instead.

IMG_20200619_132143.jpg

I mean I’m sold man. I was 14 years old and went round to my first girlfriends house only to see her dad (an ex squaddie) standing in his conservatory with a CM.045 (15 years ago) that was my first introduction into Airsoft. I held it and instantly fell in love and eventually ended up standing in the back garden to feel what it felt like to get hit for the first time. 
Ive been after one of these for a while but another gun always came up. You my friend have tipped me over the edge and this will be my next purchase. Deep down I’ve always been an AK guy, and you know what? It’s ok.. Thank you. 😂

• Supporters

I had a CM045A pre-blue internals and it was great. If they've improved it in any way then it will be awesome.

Feels like they copied E&L with that mushroom shaped piston head.

Might need to ask them via a comment or the like to drop to a lower power spring unless you're doing it yourself. Description reads as 410fps and it seems to be one of the only products on the site that doesn't have their new 'select fps' thing.

Have been eyeing up a cheap 105 from Cyma off gunfire to mess about with alongside my LCT to be honest. Cracking what you get for the price.

54 minutes ago, RonLancs said:

Yep TG will be receiving my wages. What’s the delivery time like? Also, does anyone know where I can get a nice m4 style optic on the cheap? 

Delivery time is about 10 days give or take. Make sure you add your UKARA number to the order comments.

6 minutes ago, Shaydee said:

Might need to ask them via a comment or the like to drop to a lower power spring unless you're doing it yourself. Description reads as 410fps and it seems to be one of the only products on the site that doesn't have their new 'select fps' thing.

Have been eyeing up a cheap 105 from Cyma off gunfire to mess about with alongside my LCT to be honest. Cracking what you get for the price.

TaiwanGun has a separate listing for the 340FPS version:

https://www.taiwangun.com/en/electric/cm-045a-340-fps-cyma?from=listing&campaign-id=19

24 minutes ago, Speedbird_666 said:

Delivery time is about 10 days give or take. Make sure you add your UKARA number to the order comments.

https://www.taiwangun.com/en/electric/cm-045a-340-fps-cyma?from=listing&campaign-id=19

Ahh good to know - bit weird that they're seperate, must be a hold over from their old setup or easier to keep them apart if they're a big seller maybe.

• Supporters
3 hours ago, Speedbird_666 said:

Is that what you went with?  The spring looks like it might have been cut and flattened.  Not at all a problem if so[*], I'm just wondering if they're replacing or trimming.

[*] My CYMA M4 came from PatrolBase with the spring cut so short that it was only just barely under tension with the piston forwards. It still shot a consistent 330 fps and the gearbox was doubtless happier to not be under constant stress.

4 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Is that what you went with?  The spring looks like it might have been cut and flattened.  Not at all a problem if so[*], I'm just wondering if they're replacing or trimming.

Yeh - I went with the 340FPS version - but you're right, it was just a cut-down spring - it was well done though and the gun is shooting a consistent 345fps.

I reckon they ear-mark a certain number of them per consignment and downgrade ready for those who order as it's a popular model. Mine shipped really quickly after ordering - so I doubt they took it apart between ordering and sending.

• Supporters

Well, all for the best if it's avoiding delays. They have flattened the ends more than mine got, and I've never been convinced by the point of springs that are always under significant compression.  It feels like giving the gearbox a hard time for the sake of it, although I expect there's some reason why they all do it.

On 07/08/2020 at 16:05, Speedbird_666 said:

Yeh - I went with the 340FPS version - but you're right, it was just a cut-down spring - it was well done though and the gun is shooting a consistent 345fps.

I reckon they ear-mark a certain number of them per consignment and downgrade ready for those who order as it's a popular model. Mine shipped really quickly after ordering - so I doubt they took it apart between ordering and sending.

Ordered mine last night after a few too many beers.. just watched that Pheas airsoft and he mentions wobble on the flash hider. Have you had anything like that? Also, I’ll be converting to deans. Would I be ok getting rid of the fuse? 

12 minutes ago, RonLancs said:

Would I be ok getting rid of the fuse? 

I'd keep it, unless you're planning to wire a mosfet in.

44 minutes ago, Skara said:

I'd keep it, unless you're planning to wire a mosfet in.

Aye, I’ll be putting a warfet in once I’ve had a few games stock. 

You'll have to redo the wiring anyway, so at this point you could buy another v3 switch, wire the warfet to that one so you have a backup in case something goes funny.

22 minutes ago, Skara said:

You'll have to redo the wiring anyway, so at this point you could buy another v3 switch, wire the warfet to that one so you have a backup in case something goes funny.

Mmm I like it. 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.