Aa Hop in Vsr Not Letting Piston Head Dock Easily ( I Think I Know What You Are Going to Say, I Just Dont Want to Hear it )

Groot

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello,

My new AA hop arrived today, along with autobot and pantera nub.

Took the Gspec apart, put the hop together, sealed, put it back together and the gun is now solid as a rock.

When i got cock the rifle. The final part of pushing the cylinder back, is really stiff. 

When I was putting the hop together, it noticed the rubber bungs to hold the end of the piston and i left them as they came.

I am assuming, the reason the return is so stiff, is because they are too far in as they came from the factory and I now have to take the whole FUCKING rifle apart again to loosen them. 

Or do they soften over use and this is just how it is?

Welp

So fun fact.

One of the screws from the weaver rail that also holds the barrel in place is shorter than the others..

THAT ONE GOES AT THE FRONT

image.png.f75a87d4cd0376268e58a44fbf61f184.png

What rubber bungs are you talking about? Are you talking about the bb guides either side of the entrance to the chamber? If so these could very well be the issue.

You will have to take the rifle apart again to get to these - this is a VSR based springer though so honestly it's not that much of a pain in the arse. Honestly I think they're one of the easiest things to strip down in airsoft and in this case you won't even need to open up the piston, trigger unit, etc which will save you loads of time. You won't even need to open up the chamber (no need to remove the barrel/rubber/nub) and can ease these off with the screws on the outside of the unit.

When it's apart ensure the nozzle can enter the unit without any pressure needing to be applied to save you rebuilding again - this should be a one and done thing though unless the issue is somewhere else.

Edit:

1 minute ago, Groot said:

So fun fact.

One of the screws from the weaver rail that also holds the barrel in place is shorter than the others..

THAT ONE GOES AT THE FRONT

image.png.f75a87d4cd0376268e58a44fbf61f184.png

Whelp, guess that was the issue then? 😄

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.