Exporting Eagle Plate Carriers and Safariland Holsters

Groot

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello,

I have a real Tan Eagle Plate Carrier and a real Tan Safariland 6004 holster for a USP.

I am going to throw them up on the classified later but according to Ebay, they are worth a fair bit. ( the EPC, not so much the holster )

Does anyone know if I am going to have any issues exporting these? ( no plates ) 

I recently sold a 14 year old Streamlight to the US, that is discontinued.
It got taken away at Customs and I assume destroyed for being restricted. ( funnily enough you get to keep your money both sides ) 

But I don't want to go through it again.

So any ideas or where I can get the answer?

You need to know both from HMRC and whatever country you’re exporting to.

For example, loads of gun parts are severely restricted for leaving the US, but technically the only restrictions to bringing parts in to the UK applies to those that are pressure bearing.

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Groot said:

I recently sold a 14 year old Streamlight to the US, that is discontinued.
It got taken away at Customs and I assume destroyed for being restricted. ( funnily enough you get to keep your money both sides )

UK customs, or US?

If it was bagged outgoing, I'd have a look at:

https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/?uri=CELEX:32007X0329(02)

Common Military List of the European Union (adopted by the Council on 19 March 2007 ) (equipment covered by the European Union Code of Conduct on Arms Exports) (updating and replacing the Common Military List of the European Union adopted by the Council on 27 February 2006 )

Bizarre as it sounds, @BigBlackGlock had a prop HALO mask seized coming in to the UK, and I assume it fell foul of that, or similar.

Thanks I had looked at that i think. It is as clear as mud 

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Groot said:

Thanks I had looked at that i think. It is as clear as mud 

That's why I'm not even going to try and summarise it, because I can't follow it myself. :(

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.