Tm Mp7a1 (Aeg)

RonLancs

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

6 hours ago, PureSilver said:

If you put 11.1V through a TM AEP it will explode. AEPs are fragile, aftermarket and factory parts support is very poor, and their tiny air volume means it's challenging even to get 1J out of them, if I recall correctly. There's a reason people are prepared to pay ridiculous amounts of money to convert them to HPA - they just don't work very well as electric guns.

If you want the best electric MP7 on the market - which is not a high bar, the AEPs are really not very good - get a VFC "AEG", make sure you always keep your batteries at a decent level of charge, and pray you never break an internal component. The VFC is externally very nice and has far better features and performance but (like the AEPs) it is a completely proprietary gearbox and aftermarket support is very limited. If it doesn't have to be an MP7, just a small SMG, there are much better guns that require far fewer compromises on the market. An ASG Scorpion EVO, an LCT EBB PP-19-01, some kind of MP5 or MP5K-PDW, even small SBRs - there are tons of options.

The TM GBB is probably the best of the GBBs from a performance perspective, but it's about 0.9:1 scale and obviously fully ABS. The KSC/KWA is also too small and cracks its receivers. The VFC has a poor reputation for performance and reliability. The WE's unlicensed clone thing ("New Wave Small Rice") likewise, but at least it's cheap. Again, if it doesn't have to be MP7-shaped there are better options on the market; an ASG MP9 or GHK G5 would be compelling alternatives in this price range and size category.

Haha yea cheers mate. I’ve binned the MP7. 

Got to test an mp7 (aeg version) and although effective it felt very vanilla.

Also got to test the gas mp9, I purchased the mp9.

I shot an AEP MP7 yesterday (not a TM, cannot remember what he said it was though) and I was hugely surprised as how snappy it was and how good the range was. Yeah it was not as fun as a GBB but I would pick one up if I didn't have the GBB or saw a decent deal I would be tempted to pick one up.

The range was as good as my GBB and for cqb its pretty much the perfect gun.

The guy said he worked out the pros and cons for himself and couldn't justify the extra cost, weight and maintenance of the GBB over the AEP and to be honest I have changed my tune. I thought the GBB would out perform the AEP much more than it did.

I must say I am impressed a great deal by them, if one can be picked up as a deal I would recommend it over most over things. (but I am biased as I love my smgs)

• Supporters
17 hours ago, Albiscuit said:

I shot an AEP MP7 yesterday (not a TM, cannot remember what he said it was though) and I was hugely surprised as how snappy it was and how good the range was.

Hmm. Stock, or modified, do you know?  I'd not describe the performance of AEPs using the standard 7.2V nimh batteries as snappy.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.