Tm Mp7a1 (Aeg)

RonLancs

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

1 minute ago, DrAlexanderTobacco said:

An old acquaintance had one, used it to good effect at The Mall in Reading before it closed. They're more of an AEP than an AEG and I don't think you can do much to them upgrades wise, but I could be wrong.

Not one for woodland use I think.

It would be for CQB solely. Upgrades are possible just hard to get hold of.. don’t really want to go GBB route but I love the MP7. 

Consensus is generally the gbb is better. I am a TM GBB user and LOVE it. It’s certainly good enough for woodland, I have come across two AEP owners and both said they should have got the gas one so make of that what you will.

However, for cqb I am sure it’s good, just won’t have the smile factor when you shoot it.

MP7s certainly are great little guns and I love the fact the TM is a bit smaller than usual too although for many this is a negative.

Get yourself a HPA engine for that thing.

It's (imo) the only sensible upgrade in terms of performance and reliability.

I know it's a TeeEmm blah blah yalla yalla, but it's still an AEP, so shit by default.

• Supporters

Relatively underpowered.  I'd be surprised to see the claimed 260fps out of that tiny AEP cylinder but it does have a more direct cylinder head and nozzle than actual pistols, and if you're in in actual CQ it should be usable, especially with a lipo to give it some more snap.  I've been keeping a casual eye out for a bargain basement Well knock-off.

Undersized, and looks it. KWA (TM copy) on the left, Well/Black Viper are the same size. VFC AEG is on the right. Legend goes that TM produced it based on images, but mistakenly scaled it to the length without the flash hider, which appears to be credible based on this.  They're noticeably petite in the metal-and-plastic.

http://www.abload.de/img/3-33ffwg.jpg

6 minutes ago, RonLancs said:

If I did go GBB I’d go for KWA

you madman...

Why would you go for KWA when the TM will actually dump a full mag without venting all the gas in your face?

My sincere apologies gents. I was under the impression that the TM was far more expensive than the KWA. I retract my statement. Ooo I could feel you all frothing then 😂. Well, I’ll keep scouting for a second hand one however if someone sees something I don’t then please kindly sent it my way. 

I've got both here. The AEP and the GBB Tokyo Marui MP7.

The AEP has a lipo mod so that it fires a bit snappier and a slightly larger spring and a tightbore bringing it up to around 290 FPS. it's more that good enough for CQB sites. The GBB version is frankly awesome. I think I'm going to go deaf firing it as it's very loud but straight out the box works all year round.

Both are undersized from the RS version and if that is your thing then the VFC/Umarex MP7 AEG is full sized but I've heard rumours of the tappet plate being a weak spot so bare that in mind if you go down that route.

25 minutes ago, mightyjebus said:

I've got both here. The AEP and the GBB Tokyo Marui MP7.

The AEP has a lipo mod so that it fires a bit snappier and a slightly larger spring and a tightbore bringing it up to around 290 FPS. it's more that good enough for CQB sites. The GBB version is frankly awesome. I think I'm going to go deaf firing it as it's very loud but straight out the box works all year round.

Both are undersized from the RS version and if that is your thing then the VFC/Umarex MP7 AEG is full sized but I've heard rumours of the tappet plate being a weak spot so bare that in mind if you go down that route.

Yea I’ve heard spares are few and far between for em. I really want aeg just for battery etc. It’s quite a hard decision really. Also what’s the accuracy / consistency like on the AEP

@RonLancs

I have not seen or heard of a cheaper retail than this.

https://www.defconairsoft.co.uk/product/tokyo-marui-mp7a1-gbb-airsoft-smg/

its £50 more for the gas version than the AEP (on this site), and quite frankly worth every penny and more. Yeah mags are a lot dearer, heavier and a little harder to come by but I’m telling you the smile factor when you shoot it is worth the extra! 

Black looks great but if I were buying mine again I would get tan so buy a tan one and make me jealous ;)  

2 hours ago, RonLancs said:

Yea I’ve heard spares are few and far between for em. I really want aeg just for battery etc. It’s quite a hard decision really. Also what’s the accuracy / consistency like on the AEP

with the tightbore it will hit chest sized targets at 40 meters. 

• Supporters

Ive got both. The TM MP7 GBB was my first larger RIF, and worked well at The Mall. I also have the Bingo HPA variant of the AEP. I like it more than the GBB due to better range, accuracy, and rof - but again thats on HPA. The AEP should be fine for CQB, but if you want that coolness factor then go for the GBB.

I’m not too fussed about the coolness factor. I want efficiency and I think I’m leaning towards the aep just cos if something melts then I’ll have a better idea of what I’m doing with it. Hmmm do I smell a warfet installed for burst fire 🤔 a prommy barrel, pre-cocking, ab 11.1... mmmm 

On 04/08/2020 at 13:56, RonLancs said:

It would be for CQB solely. Upgrades are possible just hard to get hold of.. don’t really want to go GBB route but I love the MP7. 

I have the we gbb mp7. Scary as hell down the tunnels.lol

On 04/08/2020 at 22:12, RonLancs said:

I’m not too fussed about the coolness factor. I want efficiency and I think I’m leaning towards the aep just cos if something melts then I’ll have a better idea of what I’m doing with it. Hmmm do I smell a warfet installed for burst fire 🤔 a prommy barrel, pre-cocking, ab 11.1... mmmm 

The GBBs are solid, more chance of an AEP dieing anyday, plus GBBs are way easier to fix.

This mag be tricky at this time but I would emplore you to try someone's GBB TM MP7 before buying an AEP.

The standard range, accuracy and feel is undeniable.

SO SATISFYING TO SHOOT!

Otherwise I would be all over a HPA kitted AEP, if you want hands down reliability, HPA will always run the longest in the poorest conditions / neglect.

• Supporters

S'funny, I always wanted an MP7 because they just look so....well, you know.

Had an opportunity to get my hands an a real one and I dunno...that steep grip angle just felt so off. Almost as if it was actually tilted forward at the bottom. Leaning more towards an MP9 now.

On 04/08/2020 at 22:12, RonLancs said:

I think I’m leaning towards the aep just cos if something melts then I’ll have a better idea of what I’m doing with it. Hmmm do I smell a warfet installed for burst fire 🤔 a prommy barrel, pre-cocking, ab 11.1... mmmm 

If you put 11.1V through a TM AEP it will explode. AEPs are fragile, aftermarket and factory parts support is very poor, and their tiny air volume means it's challenging even to get 1J out of them, if I recall correctly. There's a reason people are prepared to pay ridiculous amounts of money to convert them to HPA - they just don't work very well as electric guns.

If you want the best electric MP7 on the market - which is not a high bar, the AEPs are really not very good - get a VFC "AEG", make sure you always keep your batteries at a decent level of charge, and pray you never break an internal component. The VFC is externally very nice and has far better features and performance but (like the AEPs) it is a completely proprietary gearbox and aftermarket support is very limited. If it doesn't have to be an MP7, just a small SMG, there are much better guns that require far fewer compromises on the market. An ASG Scorpion EVO, an LCT EBB PP-19-01, some kind of MP5 or MP5K-PDW, even small SBRs - there are tons of options.

The TM GBB is probably the best of the GBBs from a performance perspective, but it's about 0.9:1 scale and obviously fully ABS. The KSC/KWA is also too small and cracks its receivers. The VFC has a poor reputation for performance and reliability. The WE's unlicensed clone thing ("New Wave Small Rice") likewise, but at least it's cheap. Again, if it doesn't have to be MP7-shaped there are better options on the market; an ASG MP9 or GHK G5 would be compelling alternatives in this price range and size category.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.