Charger Leads/ Adapter

ScottyLad

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I have a turnigy accucell S60 and it comes with a XT60 4mm banana lead, however I’m wanting to charge mini tamiya LiPos with it.

I’ve found this: https://hobbyking.com/en_us/mega-adapter-connect-almost-anything-to-anything.html

Just wanted to know if this setup would work ok?

There is also this from componentshop: https://www.componentshop.co.uk/airsoft-battery-charging-harness.html

Any thoughts would be appreciated!

• Supporters

Huh, surprising that it only comes with XT60, some models seem to come with a multi-connector lead.

Personally I would (and did and have) buy a pack of Deans connectors and a cheap soldering iron and swap all the batteries (and the charger) over.  You might consider moving them to XT60 if you already have the connector for that, zealots rave about it.

2nd choice would be the Component Shop lead, if for no other reason than that I swap out the banana leads in my B6 anyway for some crocodile clip ones when I use it to charge lead-acids, or 18650s using small magnets to stick the leads to the cell.  Dunno if you'd be doing that with your Turnigy.

The Hobby King connector changer would work too though and would be one fewer thing to lose if you just plug it in and forget about it.

Simplest yet is a single XT-60 to (mini) Tamaya adapter, which eBay can provide.

All good, really.

11 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Huh, surprising that it only comes with XT60, some models seem to come with a multi-connector lead.

Personally I would (and did and have) buy a pack of Deans connectors and a cheap soldering iron and swap all the batteries (and the charger) over.  You might consider moving them to XT60 if you already have the connector for that, zealots rave about it.

2nd choice would be the Component Shop lead, if for no other reason than that I swap out the banana leads in my B6 anyway for some crocodile clip ones when I use it to charge lead-acids, or 18650s using small magnets to stick the leads to the cell.  Dunno if you'd be doing that with your Turnigy.

The Hobby King connector changer would work too though and would be one fewer thing to lose if you just plug it in and forget about it.

Simplest yet is a single XT-60 to (mini) Tamaya adapter, which eBay can provide.

All good, really.

Some very good advice, thank you! I had another look at the hobbyking one - turns out it didnt actually have mini-tamiya only tamiya. I'll probably just get the component shop one as a short-term solution, with the possibility for converting my batteries to deans/ XT60 later on. Thanks again mate :) 

• Supporters

Oh, is that full sized Tamiya - sorry, I hadn't spotted that. I just cut them off and bin them, I don't think I even have any around for reference.

7 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

Oh, is that full sized Tamiya - sorry, I hadn't spotted that. I just cut them off and bin them, I don't think I even have any around for reference.

Found the answer out :) 

Edited by ScottyLad
Did some testing

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.