[Bodged] TM Mtr-16

viktor2142

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Make/brand: Tokyo Marui

Any accessories included: Armorers tools, SIXG Super Nub, NPAS adjustment tool, 4 extra MWS mags, 1 x custom AW Drum Mag, carbon outer barrel. Free shame.

Pictures: 

20200803_185520.jpg

20200803_185534.jpg

20200803_185559.jpg

The reason this is tagged 'bodged' is because I can't rightly sell this as anything beyond a project gun.

I've no idea of the FPS.

Any half decent gas gun tech would be able to sort this with little effort I'm sure.

I can/will include the Jaeger Cave shortened carbon outer barrel + mounting kits.

Full disclosure, I'm a shit (gas gun) tech, which I learned with this gun. I am absolutely ashamed of what I've done to the gun, as it was a beautiful bit of kit, and I should have stuck to the Super Nub, inner barrel and NPAS upgrades.

Expecting to sell for a substantial loss, if it even sells at all.

--------------------------

The Good:

• It cycles the bolt and fires bb's - I have a video if needed, shooting the drum mag
  • I've not touched the lower receiver in any way shape or form.
  • Built a whole drum mag from scratch, following "THE MWS Thread" infamous RocketDogberts guides.
  • Added a SixG Super Nub
  • A new full length Lambda barrel.
  • Including all my armorers tools that I had to buy to get the damn hanguard off in the first place.

The Bad:

• I have had to swap the dust cover to a non-standard one, as it was damaged when removing the handguard and does not close.

The Ugly:

• I've swapped off the stock to another gun, as it's my favourite part besides the grip.
  • The outer barrel + barrel nuts have been thoroughly marked, as they needed some serious force to remove.

From the description it doesn't sound all that bad, mainly cosmetic on the barrel nut, of which you cannot see when the handgaurd is fitted.

Are the reciever threads all ok?

Perhaps put pics of the damage up?

I’m gonna say minimum of 50% of retail if everything works and it’s just cosmetic.

Any running problems at all and you’re down to 25% retail.

Honestly, I’d sell off all the parts, then the gun 

2 hours ago, Davegolf said:

From the description it doesn't sound all that bad, mainly cosmetic on the barrel nut, of which you cannot see when the handgaurd is fitted.

Are the reciever threads all ok?

Perhaps put pics of the damage up?

Threads are ok - I have put it all back to stock and only 1 has a problem getting a locking nut/ring into place, but the whole thing is solid so I'm not even sure why it was needed lol

2 hours ago, rocketdogbert said:

I’m gonna say minimum of 50% of retail if everything works and it’s just cosmetic.

Any running problems at all and you’re down to 25% retail.

Honestly, I’d sell off all the parts, then the gun 

Good shout, I was kind of hoping someone was just interested in the lower receiver and I'd take the hit with the rest of the gun. What price would you suggest for a perfectly fine lower?

Thanks for the input both

40 minutes ago, viktor2142 said:

Threads are ok - I have put it all back to stock and only 1 has a problem getting a locking nut/ring into place, but the whole thing is solid so I'm not even sure why it was needed lol

Good shout, I was kind of hoping someone was just interested in the lower receiver and I'd take the hit with the rest of the gun. What price would you suggest for a perfectly fine lower?

Thanks for the input both

Don’t split it, you’ll get a better price for a whole working gun. Most people look for extra uppers to build a multi purpose rifle, not lowers

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.