Hamster Contemplates Selling All the Stuff

Adolf Hamster

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Still debating wether or not this is a good idea but I’m starting to think maybe fully changing up my arsenal might be refreshing.

So first up we have a g&g f2000, my first love.

She’s had a few years good service and some trials and tribulations but currently the build is pretty nice.

She’s the cybergun licensed model (although you can’t see the trades under the tactical lingerie you need to get a decent sling position) and in pretty good nick externally (few dings in the plastic but still very solid overall and nothing broken) and has the tri-rail handguard (original will be included if you want to go full tactical tuna)

Internally she’s running a standard barrel and hop unit (there is a spare brand new hop unit included).

The gearbox is running an asg 18k motor with zci advanced 13:1 gears, freshly rebuilt with (finally after much headache) good compression and all wired up with a gate warfet for some precocking. As I’m sure many owners will attest getting responsive semi out of these guns is a challenge but currently she’s very good, although I would worry about the long-term longevity of the cutoff lever.

Comes with the pictured 1/4x switchable elcan, the dot works but the switch can be a bit intermittent. Also included are 9x MAG branded metal midcaps, very nice mags externally although their nominal 200 round capacity means the last few rounds can struggle a bit to feed. However they do fit nicely in a gun that can be pretty fussy with mags.

IMG_20200803_153732.thumb.jpg.52c85a4944152aa1534c6d72da9b01f1.jpgIMG_20200803_153741.thumb.jpg.eb22a8fed271ad16c1aa6155d801cf6a.jpgIMG_20200803_153756.thumb.jpg.83418ab08fbaa77fc3a923ed398fef71.jpg

Not entirely sure, thinking around the £300-350 mark?

Next up is the bane of my wallet for a great number of years.

It was once a king arms m4, now the only original parts are the buffer tube and outer barrel.

The receiver has been swapped out for an e&c trademarked one. The stock is afaik proper magpul and has no real accommodation for batteries but is very solidly built.

Of course the elephant in the room is that handguard, it’s real carbon fibre (although I don’t know the actual grade of the weave), the aim was to try and get a good centre of balance with a lightened frontend (if anyone’s watched inrangetv’s “what would stoner do?” project you’ll see the inspiration), with the somewhat chunky suppressor it kind of looks like a scaffolding pole on an m4 reciever.

It might not be the prettiest, but the centre of balance is pretty much right in the magwell and it’s a surprisingly pointable gun.

Internally this thing has been my obsession, trying to get every last scrap of accuracy I could out of an airsoft gun.

She’s running a gen 3 fusion engine with a MAXX trigger, there’s a MAXX hop unit setup with the R-block and a maple leaf macaron feeding into a 275mm PDI 6.01 barrel. The suppressor is your standard foam stuffed affair and this thing is pretty quiet.

The hop has the quad led tracer unit although currently the wiring loom isn’t installed because it makes it a pita to strip the gun.

The scope is a 1.5-6x variable with fibre optic illumination, the tip of the reticle lights up red depending on the ambient light.

Comes with 10x g&g midcaps, 9 of which have had partial spring replacements with maple superfeed springs.

IMG_20200803_150145.thumb.jpg.d20b250c2f4082174c68126861077e66.jpgIMG_20200803_150150.thumb.jpg.ed167752b0db94a7796afd3e99e40253.jpgIMG_20200803_150156.thumb.jpg.840d5ce69f3ec2d97d807789bc07330f.jpgIMG_20200803_150203.thumb.jpg.30caab69e46d91946b5ef30983c120f0.jpgIMG_20200803_150218.thumb.jpg.0f1a63657696e16e94c57f59cff63aec.jpgIMG_20200803_150504.thumb.jpg.4ceb20d3ccd8393cf910ae6b6d2c673d.jpg

I’m kind of undecided wether or not to split it up into parts might be easier to sell, but as a package I’m thinking possibly the 700 mark?

And finally we have an e&l ak74u. she’s running a polarstar f2 with a Zci 6.02 barrel trimmed down to ~275mm and combat union hop unit (which wins the award for most over-built barrel retention I’ve ever seen) with maple leaf macaron and omega nub. The suppressor is a dtk-4 style with markings and as with the m4 does a good job of quietening this thing down for all your sneaky shenanigans.

Comes with original poppet (has a low-flow installed for better cycling at 1j) and original steel top cover should you prefer to run side-rail optics.

Thinking around the 450 mark?

IMG_20200803_153906.thumb.jpg.1252dba2494e26b91fd0896df28f3c1b.jpgIMG_20200803_153917.thumb.jpg.cabe181abfd2353908a70c5df07b4102.jpgIMG_20200803_153939.thumb.jpg.ea456d626d77e15648fe981f38001dfa.jpg

given i'm pretty much clearing house of my hpa's there's also my tank/reg/line/big dive tank combo although might try and sell that locally as it'll be a pain to post.

I think you would really struggle to sell the F2000 at the price you are thinking. Considering you can get a brand new one with hunter scope and ETU for £300 ish from Gunfire at the moment. I think you would get more money selling off the Tri Rail separately as those can go for a fair amount. 😕

• Supporters
2 minutes ago, Asomodai said:

I think you would really struggle to sell the F2000 at the price you are thinking. Considering you can get a brand new one with hunter scope and ETU for £300 ish from Gunfire at the moment. I think you would get more money selling off the Tri Rail separately as those can go for a fair amount. 😕

Fair point, never thought i'd be selling this stuff so i've not really paid much mind to what they go for.

What you reckon then to keep it as-is (ie not splitting the tri-rail)? More like 250?

17 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

Fair point, never thought i'd be selling this stuff so i've not really paid much mind to what they go for.

What you reckon then to keep it as-is (ie not splitting the tri-rail)? More like 250?

Difficult. I think if you sold it with just the mags. Maybe £175-£200. The Tri rail is worth £50 at least. What sling is that exactly? A Real one?

• Supporters
20 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

Fit the original handguard & put it up for £230 ?(leaves haggle room), Flog the tri-rail for £50 on its own ?, Rarer than rocking horse poop so should get it.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Asomodai said:

Difficult. I think if you sold it with just the mags. Maybe £175-£200. The Tri rail is worth £50 at least. What sling is that exactly? A Real one?

the sling is an sa80 sling, think it's real but they're not exactly top dollar regardless.

1 hour ago, Tackle said:

Fit the original handguard & put it up for £230 ?(leaves haggle room), Flog the tri-rail for £50 on its own ?, Rarer than rocking horse poop so should get it.

the tri-rail is somewhat integral to using the sling, suppose i could sell it sans-sling or find a 2-point to pop on.

1 hour ago, Skara said:

What the fuck have you done to that ak?

i'm guessing you mean the romanian pattern coathanger stock? that's original. i had sort of planned getting a pt-5 on there but currently i'm thinking of going for a long classic 74 so i can run the pk-a on it.

12 minutes ago, Tommikka said:

Put a suppressor cover on?

yeah, it's a nice suppressor underneath it, worth pulling the cover off and taking some pics as original?

5 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

yeah, it's a nice suppressor underneath it, worth pulling the cover off and taking some pics as original?

Yes, worth showing what’s underneath to show the suppressor rather than it looking like just cosmetics on top 

Yeah that wire stock :( so ugly...

But anyway, I'd keep the M4 just because it's rather unique.

The F2000 can go, the ak shouldn't really but I understand that you may have got bored with fielding it.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Tommikka said:

Yes, worth showing what’s underneath to show the suppressor rather than it looking like just cosmetics on top 

here we go:

IMG_20200803_202049.thumb.jpg.f7a799ff30a42795748b7b2ff858ced5.jpg

54 minutes ago, Skara said:

Yeah that wire stock :( so ugly...

But anyway, I'd keep the M4 just because it's rather unique.

The F2000 can go, the ak shouldn't really but I understand that you may have got bored with fielding it.

yeah, it's very solidly built, zero wobble, but not good for all the same reasons a real stock of that type is bad.

at least it folds to the right so you can still fold it while using a siderail optic.

the m4 is definately something different, and whilst for what the claims of someone on the internet are worth it really does shoot incredibly well, it's kind of a case of "well of course it does" after all the work and effort it took to get there.

of course these guns are all very much built to my tastes, which might make them difficult to find a home for (at least assuming most of humanity isn't as insane as i am :P )

29 minutes ago, Davegolf said:

What's the replacement Hamster?

have a few thoughts, want me a nice full length ak and potentially might go for a pp19 build to fill the slot the aksu is currently sitting in.

Did you swap the lower receiver on the E&L or something of the sort? I know there's an underfolder cutting around, but I don't recall ever seeing any 74u models with a wire stock. Has probably just passed me by though.

A bit cheeky to put in an appraisal thread but if there was any thought/interest into splitting stuff out I'd deffo be after that F2 and the supressor for one of my upcoming AK builds 😄

• Supporters
3 minutes ago, Shaydee said:

Did you swap the lower receiver on the E&L or something of the sort? I know there's an underfolder cutting around, but I don't recall ever seeing any 74u models with a wire stock. Has probably just passed me by though.

A bit cheeky to put in an appraisal thread but if there was any thought/interest into splitting stuff out I'd deffo be after that F2 and the supressor for one of my upcoming AK builds 😄

that's how i got her secondhand, it's a standard 47 type tang so it's possible it's been swapped from a wood/polymer stock. i must admit if i do decide to keep her then it'll be getting a date with a pt5.

the top cover is different (cyma i beleive)

quick look i'm not seeing the specific model, closest is this "creation":

http://www.emei-landarms.com/List.asp?C-13-231.html

^ @Skara for the sake of your sanity don't click that......

15 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

that's how i got her secondhand, it's a standard 47 type tang so it's possible it's been swapped from a wood/polymer stock. i must admit if i do decide to keep her then it'll be getting a date with a pt5.

the top cover is different (cyma i beleive)

quick look i'm not seeing the specific model, closest is this "creation":

http://www.emei-landarms.com/List.asp?C-13-231.html

^ @Skara for the sake of your sanity don't click that......

Yeah it definitely looks like a pick and mix style of AK 😄 You'd most probably end up having to swap out that lower to get a PT stock on it.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.