I Think I Have Been Scammed by Someone on Here

Ujustgotsarged

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Moderators
15 minutes ago, Steveocee said:

@proffrink is the admin. Can't think of any mods off the top of my head.

***In fact @L3wisD is the nicest mod, he'll normally swing anything in your favour for cash.

what you saying .....he takes bribes!! :lol: :rolleyes:

We can only really assist by mediating between parties. If you contact @L3wisD he will advise what he can  and cant do

• Mostly Retired Moderators

Hi @Ujustgotsarged

Sorry you might have been scammed.

I'll do my best to help, but I can't always guarantee a good outcome.

Can you do me a favour please?

In the PM chain, report on of the messages (little flag in the top right) and it lets me in to see it all. And I'll take a look.

• 3 weeks later...

We need to be carful that the whole GDPR debate doesn’t surface either. I’m all for naming and shaming but where does that stand on privacy rules ? #devilsadvocate. 

2 minutes ago, AlphaBear said:

We need to be carful that the whole GDPR debate doesn’t surface either. I’m all for naming and shaming but where does that stand on privacy rules ? #devilsadvocate. 

Does that apply to forum usernames? 🤔

Guest DrAlexanderTobacco
14 minutes ago, AlphaBear said:

GDPR specifically applies to organisations operating within the EU, and how those orgs deal with personal info - it doesn't apply here

• Supporters

DPA 2018 allows for (but does not compel) the disclosure of personal data for the prevention and detection of crime: https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2018/12/schedule/2/paragraph/2

Fraud is a crime.  Prevention is axiomatically pre-crime, so you don't necessarily have to even show that one has been committed.

• Supporters

If their thieving scum they shouldn't have any rights, surely they gave up any legal rights the minute they took someone's money ?

(In a perfect world 😏)

Unfortunately* the basis upon which our judicial system operates is innocent until proven guilty.

👮‍♂️

Regards 

Fortunately*

Edited by Shamal

14 minutes ago, Shamal said:

Unfortunately* the basis upon which our judicial system operates is innocent until proven guilty.

👮‍♂️

Regards 

Fortunately*

And even if proven guilty we will cut their ban in half if they admit they were wrong and guilty. 👮‍♂️

1 minute ago, Leonine said:

And even if proven guilty we will cut their ban in half for admitting they were wrong. 👮‍♂️

Oh yes. The reward for being 'remorseful' 

In other words working the system.

Regards 

18 hours ago, DrAlexanderTobacco said:

GDPR specifically applies to organisations operating within the EU, and how those orgs deal with personal info - it doesn't apply here

GDPR is written into the UK’s Data Protection Act, so it does very much apply here (and will continue to do so next year until/unless the DPA is changed).

Either way I don't think a forum Username could in any way be said to be personal information, it would hardly identify someone.  

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.