Upgraded TM Vsr10

Cr0-Magnon

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Make/brand: Tokyo Marui VSR10

Any accessories included: 2 x extra mags and Marui rail

Basically I purchased a Brand new faux wood MARUI VSR10 and sent it to Luke @ Negative Airsoft, who has set it up at 2.1J using 0.40g's. I skirmished it for half a day at Battle Lakes yesterday and decided it wasn't for me (an age old story, eh!) 

Upgrades:
Action Army Trigger Unit
Action Army Piston
M130 Spring
Steel Spring Guide
Laylax Compression Spacers
Flamingo Hop Rubber
Lightweight Aluminium Barrel
(Not an expensive one but it came highly recommended by Luke) 
TDC Mod. 

This "owes me" about £600 but I don't expect to get anywhere near that back. 

What do you guys reckon would be a fair asking price?

20 minutes ago, Skara said:

350?

"Wonna swop 4 me WE Glock? Slide release missing and it's two tone bt lovly peace of kit!"

"What's your best price!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!? £150!??!?!!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!" 

Sorry....I appear to be having a mental breakdown. I've obviously sold too much stuff on here recently 🤪

Hey chap, 

I think you would get more by stripping it down and selling the parts individually. 

Maybe leave the gun with the hop and barrel, as that will be a bit of an ass to take apart.

The rest, put the originals back and then sell the other bits on their own. 

I think £250-350 would be able the going rate for the complete rifle. 

To give you an example, I recently bought a Gspec + 4 mags and decent scope, with a ALL the mods except trigger upgrade and barrel for £165

Unfortunately Nov made the SSG-10..

Apart from it having massive QC issues, the price is very inviting for what you get on paper. So shifting a TM VSR for more than €300 has become a pain in the ass as everyone and their cat is going for the SSG..

Still £350 is a fair price when you consider the hassle of fitting everything together (it's not as straightforward as fitting a hop rubber, especially in a VSR stuff has to be perfectly aligned to work properly).

Most people will shy away from buying a preupgraded sniper as a lot of them tend to get sold with unknown issues that the buyer finds out on first game day. Not implying you are at all though.

60% of retail if you're in luck I would guestimate. The difficulty you will have is a certain YoutUber punts out VSR's brand new with warranty for the same price as is being suggested so you're in a tough spot.

If it was me, I'd cash in on it having been worked on by Luke, huge selling point in itself so people who know will know that it'll be spot on.

58 minutes ago, Steveocee said:

Most people will shy away from buying a preupgraded sniper as a lot of them tend to get sold with unknown issues that the buyer finds out on first game day. Not implying you are at all though.

60% of retail if you're in luck I would guestimate. The difficulty you will have is a certain YoutUber punts out VSR's brand new with warranty for the same price as is being suggested so you're in a tough spot.

If it was me, I'd cash in on it having been worked on by Luke, huge selling point in itself so people who know will know that it'll be spot on.

I'm not 100% set on selling just yet. Maybe I just had a bad day yesterday. In regards to being sold with issues, hopefully it being built by a well-respected tech would help re-assure that it's been setup well and designed to be durable.

In regards to the Novritsch SSG10's....I could forward a hilarious voice message rant from Luke, containing his thoughts on them - that should bump the price of mine up, right? 😄 (disclaimer, I wouldn't actually forward that)

From what I can tell, upgraded bolties do sell just fine....at the right price. As I say, I will likely hold on to this for a while longer, to justify the depreciation.

Cheers guys.

1 hour ago, Skara said:

Still £350 is a fair price when you consider the hassle of fitting everything together (it's not as straightforward as fitting a hop rubber, especially in a VSR stuff has to be perfectly aligned to work properly).

I think this is the key difference. Parts + gun doesn't equal upgraded. It's about fine-tuning and as you say maybe people don't appreciate it "on paper" but the SSG10's haven't had the best reviews when it comes to the way everything fits together.

The bolt pull on mine is so easy and smooth because of the way Luke set it up, including removing material from exactly the right place etc.

8 minutes ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

I'm not 100% set on selling just yet. Maybe I just had a bad day yesterday

heh it's a completely different game than spamming triggers with AEGs.

Played properly, it takes some time (and practice) to master. Played like Nov, it turns into a shit show

7 minutes ago, Skara said:

heh it's a completely different game than spamming triggers with AEGs.

Played properly, it takes some time (and practice) to master. Played like Nov, it turns into a shit show

The issue I had yesterday was dense woodland - bushes and trees etc obscuring anything beyond twenty metres and there was only a small group of us, so not much in the way of targets. Therefore I spent a lot of time bumbling around trying to get a read on distances that would be better with the naked eye.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.