Help Removing a L119a2 Rail (Tm Mws)

Uncle Pauly

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I did consider posting in the TM MWS thread, but didn't want to add any unnecessary clutter there and thought it best to post separately!

So, I have a TM MWS (CQB-R) that features an Angry Gun L119A2 rail (9.25" version). I bought it with the rail attached and have never needed to remove it until now, as I need to get at the hop unit and replace the rubber.

I'm familiar with the standard MWS rail, which is very easy to remove. But I'm struggling to work out how to remove this one. I've tried removing the screw on the underside of the rail, but nothing seemed to budge after doing so - so I assume the rail is also secured elsewhere. I've also noticed a second screw at the far end inside the rail (adjoining the frame/receiver), which I'd need reach with a long screwdriver - and I haven't yet attempted to remove this. I can't see any other visible screws/fittings.

I've tried Googling for a walkthrough on this (incl. YouTube), but can't find anything. Hence I thought it best to ask here before I start applying brute force (always my last resort and nearly always results in disaster... 😐).

Any pointers on how to get this rail off grateful received. Cheers!

L119A2_1.thumb.jpg.20c808e3e037658a805f16fab92b970e.jpg

L119A2_2.thumb.jpg.9eeec7c9a1fed83a967d081b560034f2.jpg

Forgot to mention that the rail is threaded (see pic below).

Is this likely to be CCW threaded (akin to barrel threads) or CW? And do i just need to undo the screw on the bottom of the rail and twist...?

angry-gun-l119a2-rail-for-m4-aeg-ptw-gbbr-short.thumb.jpg.c7ec0074f76345d24686749d87d8bd4c.jpg

Hi bud,

I'm certainly not an expert (I don't own one), but I did a quick YouTube search to see if there was a video of someone fitting it so you can just work it backwards and found this. Hope it's of use, if the time stamp isn't working on the link you need to start around 3:58.

TLDR, it appears there is a screw (maybe 2, I couldn't quite make it out) that screws into the barrel nut beneath the section shown in your first image. Hopefully this is of use, apologies if not! Assuming it fits like a regular front end the threaded bit you can see at the back will be a separate barrel nut which isn't attached to the rail itself.

Cheers,
Alex

9 hours ago, alxndrhll said:

...I did a quick YouTube search to see if there was a video of someone fitting it so you can just work it backwards and found this. Hope it's of use, if the time stamp isn't working on the link you need to start around 3:58.

9 minutes ago, lukeB said:

Remove the screw from under the rail, a small section will come away, revealing some hex key screws in the bottom of the rail.

Brilliant! Thanks guys, that's super useful. Really appreciate your help 👍

I'll have a crack at it tonight after work...

once you release the grub screws the rail should just pull off leaving the barrel nut, which from memory has large flats on it for removal. (don't seem to have a pic of mine with the rail off to check)

34 minutes ago, Uncle Pauly said:

^ Thanks Nick. I've been Googling whilst at work (on my break honest!) and I believe the barrel nut is this type, based on your description. If so, should be easy enough to remove - I otherwise have a Marui-compatible wrench.

449985222_ScreenShot2020-08-03at17_09_56.png.044c699c1c3a34af9443baa7c868de36.png

1858644284_ScreenShot2020-08-03at17_10_04.png.1730a06a18f1a011a2d2a69c5e1e6b82.png

Yep, that's the bunny 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.