Gelsoft

Sacarathe

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Guest DrAlexanderTobacco
8 minutes ago, Monkeywrencher said:

I'm confused by some of these, how is this not covered by the same rules as an airsoft P90?

https://gelsoft.co.uk/gelsoft-p90x-56/gelsoft-p90x.html

It is imo, the law doesn't care about the sport or discipline, just whether the public would consider something an imitation or realistic imitation firearm. IMO this meets that criteria.

Gelsoft's low public awareness is probably why they think they're able to get away with it.

That site also clearly states that you do not need to be 18 to purchase, Even the grafiti version of their blasters are no less IF's than a bright blue scar, if it comes down to it I wouldn't expect these to survive anything that gaets airsoft completely banned.

Which body is responsible for enforcing the ruls with regarg to IF/RIF sales rules?

• Supporters
14 minutes ago, Monkeywrencher said:

That site also clearly states that you do not need to be 18 to purchase,

I can only find this:

"Do I have to be over 18?

No, GelSoft guns are not replica weapons and they are safe for everyone to use."

Which is almost worse, as it's encouraging kids to run around with them in public.  They should have a big blinking warning up about Firearms Act Section 19 possession in public, which applies to all imitations, realistic or otherwise.

Scotch case law has seen a chap charged and convicted for possession of this monstrosity:

Cyma ZM17 Style BB Pistol Gun in orange - bbguns4less

Even the grafiti version of their blasters are no less IF's than a bright blue scar, if it comes down to it I wouldn't expect these to survive anything that gaets airsoft completely banned.

Which body is responsible for enforcing the ruls with regarg to IF/RIF sales rules?

The police, it's a criminal offence.

However, Trading Standards could and should stamp on their P90, hopefully for their sake without criminal sanctions - but it's their risk, and they should know better.  It seems that they used to have a black RIF Uzi that they've canned now, but most people seeing that P90 (without day-glo ammo in it) would think firearm.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.