Arp9 Batteries

ScottyLad

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello all,

Looking at getting these batteries for my arp9: https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-nano-tech-1200mah-3s-25-50c-lipo-airsoft-pack.html

Does anyone know if they will fit in the battery compartment (with the extension unit)?

Just wanted to know before i bought them

• 2 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, Damion said:

You can get a 11.1v lipo in there, but be warned it is a very snug fit.  I did some wiring work to make it fit.

Hi mate I tried them out yesterday. They fit nicely, however some of the wiring sticks out the end.

The BEU would cover them, but i cant justify spending £20 for some plastic - which i could put towards the drum mag instead. 

Do you know a better way of putting the battery in so it fits perfectly?

2 hours ago, ScottyLad said:

Hi mate I tried them out yesterday. They fit nicely, however some of the wiring sticks out the end.

The BEU would cover them, but i cant justify spending £20 for some plastic - which i could put towards the drum mag instead. 

I rewired it all so it fits. The BEU is the other option, but I understand when you could put the money towards the drum mag.

2 hours ago, Damion said:

I rewired it all so it fits. The BEU is the other option, but I understand when you could put the money towards the drum mag.

I’m thinking about changing the stock to a PTS EPS soon (after I’ve got the drum mag) so the BEU would become obsolete :) 

24 minutes ago, ScottyLad said:

I’m thinking about changing the stock to a PTS EPS soon (after I’ve got the drum mag) so the BEU would become obsolete :) 

Sounds like a good plan.

On 10/08/2020 at 18:11, ScottyLad said:

You could get this which is bigger and cheaper

https://spartan22airsoft.com/shop/ols/products/3d-printed-stock-tube-extender-for-arp-9-and-556-choose-colour/v/3D-PRN-STC-TB-GLD

15 hours ago, MagpieAirsoft said:

That is another good option to consider, however ive just had a look and with shipping the total cost is ~£16

I'll consider it, but i might be better off just changing the buffer tube + new stock (which i could then run into possible compatibility problems)

Thanks anyway! 

Hello. I had a question about batteries and their skirmish ability. How many drum mags would you expect to be able to empty on one of the batteries linked above? 

I ask because I plan on getting an ARP 9 and a drum mag when I earn my golden ticket (UKARA).

Cheers

Just saw this on eBay for the OP.

Screenshot_20200817-205044.jpg

Edited by leadly
Added eBay listing

3 hours ago, leadly said:

Hello. I had a question about batteries and their skirmish ability. How many drum mags would you expect to be able to empty on one of the batteries linked above? 

I ask because I plan on getting an ARP 9 and a drum mag when I earn my golden ticket (UKARA).

Cheers

Just saw this on eBay for the OP.

Screenshot_20200817-205044.jpg

The batteries I originally linked fit fine in the ARP9 buffer tube, granted some of the wiring sticks out the end but some electrical tape should keep it all in.

I’ve only played one game with my setup so can’t give any long term thoughts/ opinions on the batteries. However the general advice is 0.5 mAh per BB (for a LiPo) with them being 1200mAh you’re looking at comfortably 1 drum mag per charged battery. 

I’ve only recently got the drum, but I used 3/4 highcaps per half day which is approx 1000/1300 rounds (about what you’d get with the drum)

@leadlyif you have any other questions about the arp9/ batteries don’t hesitate to PM me for quicker responses :) 

Edited by ScottyLad
Added some dodgy maths

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.