Best Guns Under 80cm

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

57 minutes ago, cerealkiller346 said:

Woodland due to location 

I have a tm g36c and a tm mp5k so trying to think out side the box of German...also have a tm p90. I have been out the loop for a long time so seeing what’s about

Almost every rifle in this photo is under 800mm. Take your pick :D

2hkutxua7pl41.jpg

It depends on how low profile and compact you want to go. There are a lot of guns on the market, most of which have very reliable options, which would fit your requirements.

I will typically take my collapsing stock or folding stock MP5 to most games, even if it is just as a back up due to how compact it is and how reliable it is. Admittedly I love using it with a solid stock and even then I think it would be below 800mm.

My favourite platform is the AK and there are a number of smaller variants but many also feature folding stocks which would allow you to reduce the length for transport purposes.

If you want to go for really small then you're probably best looking at the various SMG's on the market or alternatively you could look at a pistol, perhaps even with one of the RONI kits.

I'll throw in on a Aug, TM high cycle if you can afford it. Very easy to work on and gets even smaller if you remove the upper to transport it. But not everyone likes the look and the fact it's a bullpup.

Otherwise go with something like a G&G ARP9, or 556 if you want M4 mags.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Lozart said:

'kin ell, how big is your MP5K? Do you just poke people with it when they don't take their hits?

52cm at the moment, it's currently running a 250mm barrel in a suppressor.  At stock, with the 110mm barrel it was reaching 315fps though, which is just about enough even in woodland.  I was surprised at being able to run it as a primary without being outgunned too much.  It doesn't take much more barrel to get you to site limits.

2 hours ago, Impulse said:

I feel this thread needs an obligatory "TM mk23" response.

It's a pistol that, when tuned right, will shoot 70m no problem with heavy ammo and is incredibly silent. Plus it's stupidly gas efficient so you'll get multiple mags out of one fill of gas, even in cold weather.

What upgrades are we talking as I have one of these to

5 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

Is this a "Convince me to buy an Evo" thread? ;)

no one needs convincing to buy an evo they need convinced to buy something else.

1 hour ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

Has nobody mentioned a Scorpion Evo? I know, I know "booooo, booooo..everyone has one! So unoriginal!"

I've been through every bloody gun there is and ended up back with an Evo.

Evo would fit the bill nicely I must agree.

I will offer an alternative as if you really want to break it down this gun is for you.

2 minutes ago, Musica said:

no one needs convincing to buy an evo they need convinced to buy something else.

Evo would fit the bill nicely I must agree.

I will offer an alternative as if you really want to break it down this gun is for you.

I think we have a winner with the ares m45

2 minutes ago, cerealkiller346 said:

I think we have a winner with the ares m45

It's Ares, so by default it's a bit shit and will most likely have all sorts of problems that same tier guns shouldn't have.

21 minutes ago, Skara said:

It's Ares, so by default it's a bit shit and will most likely have all sorts of problems that same tier guns shouldn't have.

dam it. why do they have to make a nice thing and then make me spend more just to get it to run smooth like a tm???

• Supporters
24 minutes ago, cerealkiller346 said:

dam it. why do they have to make a nice thing and then make me spend more just to get it to run smooth like a tm???

because it's not an e&l aksu with the triangle folding stock

• 3 weeks later...

Another vote for the AKS74U here. My old cyma one's internals are bomb proof and the hop up gave me more than enough range to keep up with others (hell, I was even accused of running a hot gun several times). When I broke the pot metal body I replaced it with an E&L, but that turned out to be a lemon so I dropped the cyma gb into it and it's still running strong

• Supporters
12 hours ago, PureSilver said:

no prizes for guessing which gun I chose for a game where I wasn't going to be able to bring a backup

Yes, a CYMA AK, we already said. ;)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.