Best Guns Under 80cm

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all,

not having a car can be a problem when getting to a site and traveling by motorbike means space is limited to a backpack.

what are your favourite small guns that pack the punch that a much longer gun smg or rifle would have?

• Supporters

BEST GNU THREAD! <heresy-detected.gif>

Length is largely irrelevant if you can get 200m of barrel in front of the gearbox.

MP5K, sliding stock MP5, Firehawk, ARP-9, Evo, heck, most M4s if you take the stock off or split the receiver.  I've just lopped an M4 down to 40cm, and it was shooting 374fps with a 227mm barrel and M100 spring, so there's no need to even look at "SMGs" or AEP based things unless you're that way inclined.

Is this a "Convince me to buy an Evo" thread? ;)

MP5, every mP5 I've ever tried packs a punch way above it's size. I use 2 of them and never feel outgunned .

36 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

folding stock aksu, can easily pack as much long range punch as you'd want out of an assault gun.

+1 for an Aksu. 

A Cyma Cm.045 can be had for 120 notes from TaiwanGun. 

1 hour ago, cerealkiller346 said:

Hi all,

not having a car can be a problem when getting to a site and traveling by motorbike means space is limited to a backpack.

what are your favourite small guns that pack the punch that a much longer gun smg or rifle would have?

Depends on the budget of course. 

Cant go wrong with the TM M4 patriot high cycle. No need for upgrades. Just works. 

Wolf armories are blowing one out for not much above 200

https://wolfarmouries.co.uk/tokyo-marui-m4-patriot-high-cycle-custom-aeg.html

Only 450 mm and room for a stock of your choice. 

• Supporters
14 minutes ago, Speedbird_666 said:

+1 for an Aksu. 

A Cyma Cm.045 can be had for 120 notes from TaiwanGun. 

Why to buy it?

Urgh, 6 more weeks before indoor airsoft in Scotchland, it's going to be hard to resist the voices telling me that I need an AK and a P90.

• Supporters
2 minutes ago, L3wisD said:

IMG_20200730_145217.jpg

I knew I should have used a smaller font, but come on, we're all a bit P90 curious deep down, aren't we?  They're so compact yet well proportioned, curvy but purposeful, smooth and firm and... uh...

Also a potential answer to this thread.

for me VFC/Sig MCX gets my vote, because it's just different, and I really like mine 😅.

TM MP7 is the gas option that shoots really well out of the box and probably the SRS Covert for some sniper action...

1 hour ago, Rogerborg said:

Why to buy it?

Urgh, 6 more weeks before indoor airsoft in Scotchland, it's going to be hard to resist the voices telling me that I need an AK and a P90.

You can use the ak to beat the P90 to death 

I feel this thread needs an obligatory "TM mk23" response.

It's a pistol that, when tuned right, will shoot 70m no problem with heavy ammo and is incredibly silent. Plus it's stupidly gas efficient so you'll get multiple mags out of one fill of gas, even in cold weather.

Mp9. Compact, runs amazing, really efficient on gas.

If you wanted a longer barrel on it at anytime then there a lots of options.

G36c when folded would also be under. But it's not as fun as the mp9

• Supporters
3 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

Length is largely irrelevant if you can get 200m of barrel in front of the gearbox.

'kin ell, how big is your MP5K? Do you just poke people with it when they don't take their hits?

If you really want an M4 you can even get a folding stock adapter for that. My gun has a 300mm barrel and it takes about a third off the length when folded

IMG_20200526_074712.jpg

2 hours ago, heroshark said:

Are you a woodland or cqb type of player?

Woodland due to location 

16 minutes ago, concretesnail said:

Mp9. Compact, runs amazing, really efficient on gas.

If you wanted a longer barrel on it at anytime then there a lots of options.

G36c when folded would also be under. But it's not as fun as the mp9

I have a tm g36c and a tm mp5k so trying to think out side the box of German...also have a tm p90. I have been out the loop for a long time so seeing what’s about

5 minutes ago, cerealkiller346 said:

Woodland due to location 

I have a tm g36c and a tm mp5k so trying to think out side the box of German...also have a tm p90. I have been out the loop for a long time so seeing what’s about

you clearly need an AK

Has nobody mentioned a Scorpion Evo? I know, I know "booooo, booooo..everyone has one! So unoriginal!"

I've been through every bloody gun there is and ended up back with an Evo.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.