Upgrading a TM Detonics

Hypokondrikern

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I have had 2 TM Detonics ( nimble 1911s ) which have served me well during my Airsoft career. They were  were more or less kept stock except for changing to the PDI barrels for this particular model. I have recently read about the wonders about the maple leaf crazy jet barrel in combination with the I-key and ML bucking. Does this combo also apply to the Detonics with its short barrel?

and do I need the maple leaf housing for the I-key - or could I pair it with the original TM housing? 

to be taken into consideration: my Detonics has a threaded outer barrel extension so a new CJ barrel could actually stretch out to 100 mm - although the PDI inside is just 74 mm

*A Detonics feeling threatened by the AAP-01*

I think the det has a proprietary barrel lug and not many aftermarket manufacturers cater for possibly the hop too.

39 minutes ago, heroshark said:

I think the det has a proprietary barrel lug and not many aftermarket manufacturers cater for possibly the hop too.

Hop unit has a proprietary piece to accommodate the doubled up spring. I have the same type in my Strike Warrior. 

In my Strike Warrior I have an I Key and Laylax inner barrel. Stock hop rubber and it's one of my more accurate pistols. 

9 hours ago, Asomodai said:

Hop unit has a proprietary piece to accommodate the doubled up spring. I have the same type in my Strike Warrior. 

In my Strike Warrior I have an I Key and Laylax inner barrel. Stock hop rubber and it's one of my more accurate pistols. 

yes, that’s true - the spring is special for this model but the rest seems compatible.

thanks -

I’ll start with I-key and new rubber before considering the AAP-01. 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.