Disbanded Team (Closed)

Guest LukeJLFC

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Guest LukeJLFC

Before I start (again) just to shed light on the comment thread, I originally put something that was awfully vague and prompted an argument based off assumptions due to the lack of information I provided.

^ old

Team has disbanded due to COVID-19.

Stay Safe All.

Guest DrAlexanderTobacco
19 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

is there a story of any interest behind that?

Yeah, one airsofter getting upset over how another group of airsofters prefer to have fun

• Supporters
2 hours ago, DrAlexanderTobacco said:

Yeah, one airsofter getting upset over how another group of airsofters prefer to have fun

i was thinking more the op referencing that "things have changed" and being bored i was fishing to see if there was some drama behind the statement.

Guest DrAlexanderTobacco

Nah, I just remember EvilMonkee being annoyed the last time this chap posted a team thread. Apologies to EvilMonkee if I've misunderstood.

Guest LukeJLFC
13 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

i was thinking more the op referencing that "things have changed" and being bored i was fishing to see if there was some drama behind the statement.

Nah no drama, just I’ve made about 3 different posts for the same thing, but group focus keeps changing and I can’t be arsed describing what the group is for in another post, so the people interested can PM me and I’ll tell them there.

i don’t know what the first guy’s problem is, maybe he’s got something against recruitment posts idk?? Strange either way 😂😂

The way it comes across to me is OP is seemingly trying to project a very hush, hush, "you know if you know" kind of mystique around his group as if he's recruiting for some actual military/government agency that is so secretive, it doesn't state what it's all about in the job description.  Now, if this is how he wants to go about matters, that's fine, it just comes across a bit walty imo.  Just update an existing post.  No need for new threads with zero new information.  OK, "things have changed", state the changes.  You can't be arsed to type it out but you're going to have to anyway if someone PMs you.  I'm sure you're probably missing out on possible new recruits due to your unnecessarily secret post.

Guest LukeJLFC
2 hours ago, hitmanNo2 said:

The way it comes across to me is OP is seemingly trying to project a very hush, hush, "you know if you know" kind of mystique around his group as if he's recruiting for some actual military/government agency that is so secretive, it doesn't state what it's all about in the job description.  Now, if this is how he wants to go about matters, that's fine, it just comes across a bit walty imo.  Just update an existing post.  No need for new threads with zero new information.  OK, "things have changed", state the changes.  You can't be arsed to type it out but you're going to have to anyway if someone PMs you.  I'm sure you're probably missing out on possible new recruits due to your unnecessarily secret post.

I’m sorry, but this has to be a troll.

there is no way you called me a Walter Mitty for making a new post basically saying PM me if the title interests you. 

Also due to some weird an unnecessary controversy regarding the explanation of the group the last time I made a post, I decided to save it this time around and only explain what’s going on to people in the area who want to talk and get things going.

There’s no intention to make the post ‘secretive’ and ‘iykyk’ your over analysing it, so from that there is two ways I’m looking at your reply.

1. you have way to much time on your hands and trolling, in that case well played.

2. you are genuinely stupid and looking to slander the name myself/the group for making a post without giving an explanation.

Also nothing really secretive about it, it wouldn’t really be a secret if I openly said “PM me if your interested”...

Guest LukeJLFC
22 hours ago, EvilMonkee said:

Oh dear.....

Always something to say aye?

“The future is now old man”

lol.  Good luck making friends on here with that attitude.  Prat.

Also, I suggest you search out a dictionary and learn the definition of slander...

Guest LukeJLFC
24 minutes ago, hitmanNo2 said:

lol.  Good luck making friends on here with that attitude.  Prat.

Also, I suggest you search out a dictionary and learn the definition of slander...

Made enough, certainly not looking for people like yourself, who accuse others things they have no intention of taking part of or doing.

also, don’t come at me for misusing words lad.

def for slander

make false and damaging statements about (someone).

fucking dope...

36 minutes ago, LukeJLFC said:

Made enough, certainly not looking for people like yourself, who accuse others things they have no intention of taking part of or doing.

also, don’t come at me for misusing words lad.

def for slander

make false and damaging statements about (someone).

fucking dope...

It’s slander if spoken, publishing false statements would be defamation.

Stating an opinion is neither, claiming something false that damages reputation is slander or defamation depending on the medium.

Could everyone just have a hug and go play however you like 

Guest LukeJLFC
19 minutes ago, hitmanNo2 said:

OK.  You have to be trolling now.  Can you seriously not read?

Lad? I probably starting airsofting before you were even born fella.

Hahahahhahahaha that old chestnut.

probably have mate wouldn’t put it past you being that old and senile making initial comments like that. 

go to bed grandad and take your ‘slanderous’ claims with you Hahahahah.

muppet

8 minutes ago, LukeJLFC said:

Hahahahhahahaha that old chestnut.

probably have mate wouldn’t put it past you being that old and senile making initial comments like that. 

go to bed grandad and take your ‘slanderous’ claims with you Hahahahah.

muppet

Going by this thread the paintballer has the longest airsoft history on here

When you’ve all got bored of handbags at dawn tell us something about the group / team or just leave the thread for potential new players to find and contact you

Biting at posts just leaves a crayoned mess.

There still isn’t any slander on this thread 

• Supporters

that escalated quickly :blink:

not that i'm taking sides, but hitman does have a point about being mysterious, when i first read it the impression i got was that there had been issues with this topic/team before hence my nosey probing into what that meant (lockdown has made a very bored hamster).

problem is, if that's the impression people are getting, then surely that's counterproductive to recruitment? how do people know if they want to ask with very little information to go on?

All you had to say was "yeah, I guess not posting more information could be a bit counterproductive to my recruitment drive"  But no, you had to be a colossal bellend and derail your own thread.

Maybe in a few months when you try again, you'll behave more like an adult and not a petulant child flinging insults left, right and centre.

Guest LukeJLFC
3 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

that escalated quickly :blink:

not that i'm taking sides, but hitman does have a point about being mysterious, when i first read it the impression i got was that there had been issues with this topic/team before hence my nosey probing into what that meant (lockdown has made a very bored hamster).

problem is, if that's the impression people are getting, then surely that's counterproductive to recruitment? how do people know if they want to ask with very little information to go on?

Yeah after seeing the first few comments causing confusion I was going to type it out to shed light on the people that didn’t recognise the name after my shift.

however hitman did leave a rather patronising message for quite a simple mistake.

hence the replies.

i agree this had completely spiralled out of control however I don’t feel that Im all at fault here, Just because of lack of information on a post doesnt mean I should be accused of being a Walter Mitty.

Possibly a new post without the dickhead at the start who tried to shoot down the last recruitment post I did could be a good alternative.

8 minutes ago, hitmanNo2 said:

All you had to say was "yeah, I guess not posting more information could be a bit counterproductive to my recruitment drive"  But no, you had to be a colossal bellend and derail your own thread.

Maybe in a few months when you try again, you'll behave more like an adult and not a petulant child flinging insults left, right and centre.

Well maybe...

you shouldn’t assume I am commuting a very real crime which is stolen valour based on no real evidence and assumption.

due to the confusion the original post made I am going to repost this with a proper description. And I ask politely this time that you don’t comment on it. 

but only time will tell on whether you do or not.

7 minutes ago, LukeJLFC said:

you shouldn’t assume I am commuting a very real crime which is stolen valour based on no real evidence and assumption.

Jesus Christ man.  Give it up.  Stolen valour 🤣

• Supporters
Just now, LukeJLFC said:

Yeah after seeing the first few comments causing confusion I was going to type it out to shed light on the people that didn’t recognise the name after my shift.

however hitman did leave a rather patronising message for quite a simple mistake.

hence the replies.

i agree this had completely spiralled out of control however I don’t feel that Im all at fault here, Just because of lack of information on a post doesnt mean I should be accused of being a Walter Mitty.

Possibly a new post without the dickhead at the start who tried to shoot down the last recruitment post I did could be a good alternative.

it's a tricky business putting yourself out there, and you're right about the confusion so typing it out would definately be helpful to clarify things.

i mean currently what we have to go on (at least those of us who don't remember previous threads) are "clique" "pts/milsim" and "things have changed" coupled with a picture of people who appear to have a lot of disposable income (assuming those are all real nods), and that does paint a certain picture in peoples minds as to what they're dealing with which may or may not be having the desired effect.

different people have different personalities, folk can certainly be pretty "direct" with their opinions on here, personally i try to play things a bit more political but each to their own.

i'd suggest updating the current thread, whilst drama doesn't look good imo it doesn't look as bad as trying to cover it up, better being open about these things.

Guest LukeJLFC
Just now, hitmanNo2 said:

Jesus Christ man.  Give it up.  Stolen valour 🤣

Oookay.

you just prompting a reply now.

have a good day.

11 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

it's a tricky business putting yourself out there, and you're right about the confusion so typing it out would definately be helpful to clarify things.

i mean currently what we have to go on (at least those of us who don't remember previous threads) are "clique" "pts/milsim" and "things have changed" coupled with a picture of people who appear to have a lot of disposable income (assuming those are all real nods), and that does paint a certain picture in peoples minds as to what they're dealing with which may or may not be having the desired effect.

different people have different personalities, folk can certainly be pretty "direct" with their opinions on here, personally i try to play things a bit more political but each to their own.

i'd suggest updating the current thread, whilst drama doesn't look good imo it doesn't look as bad as trying to cover it up, better being open about these things.

Yeah I've just got back from work and on my PC now so im gonna jump on and change it up.

Looking at it now, its very confusing to some people who never saw the last post, very idiotic/lazy on my part.

Also that picture is just a reference picture for what the team is aiming for, now i realize that even after the long chain of comments its still not clear.

Im going to update it all now, thanks for being level headed on the situation.

Hopefully it will all drop and we will get some new people who are interested in joining what we love!

Cheers man,

Have a gooden.

36 minutes ago, LukeJLFC said:

There is no such offence of ‘stolen valour in the UK nor of walting.

Fraud legislation would deal with fraudulent use of uniforms, medals and a false history.

The nearest thing to ‘stolen valour’ would be the Uniforms Act if wearing the uniform in ‘contempt’

• Guest changed the title to Disbanded Team (Closed)
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.