Gg L85a2 Etu Handguard

jackw7264

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I have recently just bought g&g l85a2 ETU https://www.patrolbase.co.uk/g-and-g-armament-l85-a2-carbine-etu-series-airsoft-aeg and i was wondering what hand guards fit i acquired https://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/madbull-dd-daniel-defense-sa80l85-ris-rail but not only was it extremely  hard to get on as if it didn't fit properly but also left no room to get a battery within it.

Validate my Email address

• Supporters

I have an ICS L85 but dimensions in this context are gonna be basically identical afaik.  I took out the faux gas cylinder and gas piston/spring and there was a decent bit of room up top, though I don't have the gun here to check.  If you're using a sub 1500mAh 7.4v nun-chuck there ought to be enough room either side/below the barrel.

• Supporters
35 minutes ago, TheFull9 said:

Lower volts that what?  7.4 is the standard, anything from component-shop in the style I've mentioned will be a good battery for all sorts of AEGs.

The Patrolbase link suggests it should run on 11.1v...

• Supporters

Always love those condescending 3 dots on the end of a sentence.  Yes my error there, not familiar with the exact wiring in that exact airsoft gun, if it needs 11.1 then I'm sure a split type around the 1200mah range can still be fitted in and around the Madbull replica of the DD rail, especially with the gas parts removed.  Get a ruler to the gun and cross check measurements against any potential battery purchases of course.

• Supporters
49 minutes ago, TheFull9 said:

Always love those condescending 3 dots on the end of a sentence. 

Condescending? Me...?

Now, I know fuck all about L85s, but the G&G ETU doesn't really accept 7.4s, as the battery protection is set by the factory for a 11.1v.

This means that a 7.4 might get you a whopping 3 bbs before being recognized by the ETU as depleted, cutting the power off.

That's why they recommend 11.1s..

• 7 months later...
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.