Arthurian Offspring Handguard Removal

Bush Strats

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Mostly Retired Moderators

I'd wager it needs a really fucking good twist, because there's no grub screws holding it in places.

However, can you show us photos of the flash hider end? Seems really convoluted to have to take the rail off.

Essentially it’s a Knights Armament URX 4 clone with some extra funky milling (lion mouth?) at the front surrounding the flashhider.  

As @L3wisD says, just unscrew the rail from the barrel nut. You may need to get creative with a vice and a hot air gun if it’s really stuck. Be careful not to damage the threads or the receiver itself by applying too much force.

7 minutes ago, L3wisD said:

I'd wager it needs a really fucking good twist, because there's no grub screws holding it in places.

However, can you show us photos of the flash hider end? Seems really convoluted to have to take the rail off.

I know right! Cant understand why the wouldn't make a hole for the flash grub screw

15959593154684581612740980732666.jpg

15959593397646138919528201671221.jpg

20200728_190326.jpg

20200728_190246.jpg

1 minute ago, Speedbird_666 said:

Essentially it’s a Knights Armament URX 4 clone with some extra funky milling (lion mouth?) at the front surrounding the flashhider.  

As @L3wisD says, just unscrew the rail from the barrel nut. You may need to get creative with a vice and a hot air gun if it’s really stuck. Be careful not to damage the threads or the receiver itself by applying too much force.

Will it be towards or away from me in this position 

1595959556763454501807222483280.jpg

• Mostly Retired Moderators

On my Specna keymod rail, I attached a vertical grip and used it as leverage to undo the threads for the first time.

It was ok after that.

It'll be anti-clockwise as you look down the barrel from the flashhider ends.

12 minutes ago, ak2m4 said:

probably just screwed on super tight, and then you have that nice anodised red paint which may scratch up easily so be careful.  Ideally an AR Vice is great in these situations, mine has saved me a number of times

Good call, they can be had from here at a reasonable cost.

@ak2m4 out of interest, do you ever grease the receiver threads on your guns to prevent barrel nuts/rails seizing?

3 hours ago, Speedbird_666 said:

@ak2m4 out of interest, do you ever grease the receiver threads on your guns to prevent barrel nuts/rails seizing?

Yep, always grease up the threads, makes life so much easier

I found with real-steel AR vice it's not an exact fit since the upper is slightly different, some bright spark should sell 3D printed ones just for Airsoft

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.