Downgrading FPS

Leader Bee

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Just picked up a cybergun FN2000 but the FPS is a little higher than I realised at 370; I assume this is good for most outdoor games but my local site is CQB set at 350 and i'd still like to use my new toy.

A quick google said I can change the spring but i'm a complete newbie at internals and have no idea what spring i'd need to get to lower the velocity?

Could anyone give me a quick rundown of what I need to do?

• Supporters

good news, you may very well be in luck.

unless cybergun have changed oem's it'll be a g&g f2000 which is one of those rare guns that has an adjustable spring system.

if you pull off the butt-plate you'll see a hole at the top with a screw in it, there's a 4mm hex screw for the main adjuster and a seperate lock screw that takes a giant flatblade.

start with the flatblade and back it off all the way, then unscrew with the 4mm hex until you get your desired fps (hopefully it'll back out far enough to drop it low enough)

when you're done lock it up, i find backing the main adjuster into the lock screw seems to be a bit more solid than the other way round.

be aware though, that's a very annoying setup when it randomly decides to loosen on you mid-game and starts backing out itself.

Thanks, I heard that it might be adjustable but then I also read that there is a G&G version and also a Cyma version so it all got very confusing. I ordered through action hobbies and the description made no mention of the adjustable fps

11 minutes ago, Leader Bee said:

Thanks, I heard that it might be adjustable but then I also read that there is a G&G version and also a Cyma version so it all got very confusing. I ordered through action hobbies and the description made no mention of the adjustable fps

It's the Cyma/JG one. 

I have one. I dont remember but if you are lucky there maybe a "Velocity adjuster" which is a small allen key screw on the back of the gearbox that if you turn it should adjust the FPS slightly. 

Otherwise the gearbox will have to be opened up and spring changed. 

• Supporters
6 minutes ago, Asomodai said:

It's the Cyma/JG one. 

I have one. I dont remember but if you are lucky there maybe a "Velocity adjuster" which is a small allen key screw on the back of the gearbox that if you turn it should adjust the FPS slightly. 

Otherwise the gearbox will have to be opened up and spring changed. 

so they did change oem's then, have to bear that in mind for future.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.