Which Is You Favourite Manufacturer?

Cr0-Magnon

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

OK so bear with me because this is airsoft related but I'm not talking airsoft manufacturer. So which real firearms manufacturers make the guns you favour aesthetically and ergonomically?......for which you can then buy an airsoft version of.

Hopefully that makes sense?

I don't actually have too many of either but in terms of looks and "coolness" it's gotta be FN Herstal for me. With H&K being a close second.

• Supporters

i guess this is a tricky one because in a number of cases you're talking more about government arsenals than private companies.

for example i could choose the russian arsenal system to cover basically everything from the mosin nagant to the bizon.

if it had to be a current private company it'd be hk, i like fn's long guns but hk does the better pistols.

25 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

i guess this is a tricky one because in a number of cases you're talking more about government arsenals than private companies.

I am talking as a layman who only has a basic understanding of these things 😄

Despite recent events Norinco in particular the type 97, type 56 and it variants who may or may not have ties with the Airsoft manufacturer Real Sword. 

It would have been Kalashnikov Concern if they ever produce their Airsoft license  versions of the AK74m

Despite the variety of guns I own I would probably say Kalishnikov/Izhmash, at least when it comes to Assault Rifles although they're responsible for many different armaments it wouldn't be difficult to pick ones from almost every category. For sub machine guns it would have to be H&K steal the show purely due to the MP5.

The most difficult choice for me would be to settle on a particular manufacturer of sidearm/handgun.

Our Lord and Savior Mikhail. I mean, his design is 70 years old and it's still being mass produced, because it works.

And H&K because MP5/MP7/MK23.

H&K for the MP5, G3 and HK45, FN for the P90, Beretta for the M9, Walther for WA2000, P99 and PPK.

• Supporters
26 minutes ago, osteoshot said:

Unfortunately pistol wise there is nothing better than a Glock 

i know you want me to rise to that.....

#makarovmasterrace

For me probably between Sig Sauer and HK. The Sig pistols are some of the best looking from the past 40 years and the MPX and MCX are just awesome guns. HK because MP5, MP7 and USP-C

SIG.

Don’t sure why. There’s other names that I like, like HK and FN, but for some reason I just like SIG and their products. 

A P226 is at the top of my shopping list, and I keep looking at the various 552/3’s out there. I love the MCX too but the price is bananas. 

Just now, Nodnol said:

SIG.

Don’t sure why. There’s other names that I like, like HK and FN, but for some reason I just like SIG and their products. 

A P226 is at the top of my shopping list, and I keep looking at the various 552/3’s out there. I love the MCX too but the price is bananas. 

I'm the same. I love my 226 but it doesn't get used anymore, the GHK 553 is badassery in gun form and I keep getting tempted to get an MCX and swap over all the internals from my current AEG. I'm still waiting for an airsoft MPX and some of their compact civilian pistols

20 minutes ago, PopRocket123 said:

I'm the same. I love my 226 but it doesn't get used anymore, the GHK 553 is badassery in gun form and I keep getting tempted to get an MCX and swap over all the internals from my current AEG. I'm still waiting for an airsoft MPX and some of their compact civilian pistols

I said casually to the Mrs I’d like a new pistol (TM P226 E2) and she stunned me by saying “well I’ll do you a deal; if you go four times between now and Christmas and I know you’ll use it, I’ll buy you it”. 🤯

I keep looking at either the G&G or TM 552 but the mag situation just puts me off a bit. Shame because they’re awesome looking guns.

5 minutes ago, Nodnol said:

I said casually to the Mrs I’d like a new pistol (TM P226 E2) and she stunned me by saying “well I’ll do you a deal; if you go four times between now and Christmas and I know you’ll use it, I’ll buy you it”. 🤯

She sounds very sensible/practical!

For quality and performance, TM, for whacky guns, KWA

I should read, and not post drunk 😂

Pistols, Glock every time, ultra tough and reliable, SMG KRISS Vector of course

For a pistol, Sig , love my 226

For A/R Colt Canada / Diemaco  cos L119 , but you can't buy an airsoft version of them off the shelf . so next would be Kalashnikov

SMG has got to be HK , you cant better the MP5

• Supporters

Had to think a fair bit on this one, I like the looks and controls on ARs but there's hundreds of brands that make them.  Anything with a good ambi bolt release is good to me, particularly the LMT or LWRC type but their most modern iterations don't exist in airsoft.  Ideally I want the WWSD from Brownells/InRange in airsoft form, but there's no chance of that.

The two companies I'd have to go for that I think fit the criteria in the OP would be CZ and Sig USA.  I love the look of the MP5 but there are much better sets of controls on more modern guns and I don't like HK pistols so they're out.  The Evo is horrible to shoot in real life but it looks good, has excellent controls and the recoil is irrelevant to the AEG so that's a good option, similar story with the Bren 2 rifle.  The old German Sig stuff was well made of course but I don't like the controls much and where the modern incarnation of Sig in America is a bit spotty as far as quality goes in their guns they look great to me and have a lot of really modern ergonomic/control features; more so than just about anyone else when you look across their entire range and of course some popular variants thereof are available in airsoft form too.

7 minutes ago, TheFull9 said:

Ideally I want the WWSD from Brownells/InRange in airsoft form, but there's no chance of that.

Well..

There is, if you're willing to drop a shitload of money on custom made parts + a HPA engine to keep the weight down.

• Supporters
24 minutes ago, Skara said:

Well..

There is, if you're willing to drop a shitload of money on custom made parts + a HPA engine to keep the weight down.

You can do an "in spirit" replication of it for airsoft.

I am kind of tempted to try and get my hands on the proper handguard/lower reciever at some point.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.