Met Police Don't Seem to Know What a Two Tone Is.

John_W

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters
5 hours ago, EDcase said:

We don't know what happened after they were taken to the station and the police figured out they hadn't caught the terror cell they thought they had.

These lads were probably let off with warnings.

"these lads" are most likely scrotes trying to look hard. Looking at the area crime stats it's figures for August are roughly double what it was in the same period for where I used to live in a rough arse council estate in Basingstoke.

1 hour ago, EDcase said:

That's just a hype sentence to make the police look like they're doing some good.

While they're catching dangerous cannabis drug fiends and speeding motorists, we get murders, rapes and terrorist attacks...

Bearing in mind the police were called out to 3 teenagers seen with a handgun, and they found 3 teenagers with a handgun - they have investigated and found firearms offenders.

They could be foolish children

They could be chavs being dicks

They could be low level scrotes

The articles apparent quotes about an imitation firearm don’t match the referenced tweet which refers to an air pistol.  Either the police have got it right, or something previously posted has been replaced.

Back to circa 2000 when I had a girlfriend on the local scummy estate I became familiar with the school boy dealers.

They were not restricted to cannabis, but they didn’t carry weapons.  Their ‘benefit’ was their young age, as their responsibility in the eye of the law matured they retired  or went on to bigger things handling the new generation and as runners on behalf of the ‘proper’ dealers.

These teenagers are either very naive or know what they were doing 

Don't get me wrong.  Of course they have to investigate any alerts of firearms because any one of them could be real.

What's annoying is when they claim a dangerous weapon is off the streets and they've done a great job.

• Supporters
On 01/08/2020 at 11:58, Tackle said:

To refer to the old adage, "guns (or knives) don't kill people, people kill people"

I think you ACTUALLY ment to say was “Guns don’t kill people , rappers do , I seen it in a documentary on BBC2”  ?

What I’d like to know is if the kid was ‘innocently’ sat on the sofa doing nothing nefarious with the pistol  , then how did a passer by see him ? the picture of him and his mum I was taken outside there house (was stated in a different article) you look at the houses the window sill is ruffly adult head hight and the houses look to be about 6ft back from the pavement . So that says to me unless the witness was clocking over 7ft tall how could they have possibly seen the kid sat on the sofa like the little angel he obviously is doing nothing wrong with it ? 

• Supporters
3 hours ago, Druid799 said:

I think you ACTUALLY ment to say was “Guns don’t kill people , rappers do , I seen it in a documentary on BBC2”  ?

What I’d like to know is if the kid was ‘innocently’ sat on the sofa doing nothing nefarious with the pistol  , then how did a passer by see him ? the picture of him and his mum I was taken outside there house (was stated in a different article) you look at the houses the window sill is ruffly adult head hight and the houses look to be about 6ft back from the pavement . So that says to me unless the witness was clocking over 7ft tall how could they have possibly seen the kid sat on the sofa like the little angel he obviously is doing nothing wrong with it ? 

Lol, true mate, Rap Music, two words that should never be together 🥺💩🙉

(bit like military intelligence 😏)

• Supporters
12 hours ago, EDcase said:

Don't get me wrong.  Of course they have to investigate any alerts of firearms because any one of them could be real.

What's annoying is when they claim a dangerous weapon is off the streets and they've done a great job.

Roughly 20% of firearms offences are committed with imitations https://commonslibrary.parliament.uk/research-briefings/cbp-7654/#:~:text=In the year ending 31,since 7%2C040 in 2010%2F11.

As far as the Police and the general public are concerned that's one less potential source of problems off the street. It's irrelevant if it's obvious to those in the know that it's just a toy, after all that was the whole point of the VCRA covering IF/RIFs in the first place.

8 hours ago, Lozart said:

Roughly 20% of firearms offences are committed with imitations https://commonslibrary.parliament.uk/research-briefings/cbp-7654/#:~:text=In the year ending 31,since 7%2C040 in 2010%2F11.

As far as the Police and the general public are concerned that's one less potential source of problems off the street. It's irrelevant if it's obvious to those in the know that it's just a toy, after all that was the whole point of the VCRA covering IF/RIFs in the first place.

Well, legally, RIFs aren't toys (designed for play by under 14s) and quite a lot of people get triggered by that  fact.

Irrespective, it would appear that the VCRA has done sod all to reduce the use of replicas in crime, but we all knew the "Blears Witch Project" was never about reducing crime, but about grabbing headlines (which it never did) and the fact various politicians, many in thrall to the GCN just didn't like replica guns. Some, like Dianne Abbot even went so far as to claim replicas "bought on the high street" could be converted to fire live ammunition with "common household tools".

It was all smoke and mirrors, because the Handgun ban hadn't reduced crime, so the Politicians had look as if they were doing something. And the BASC was happy to sell out Airsoft to protect their membership so Replicas became a convenient scapegoat, driven by sensationalist campaigns in various local newspapers - the Nottingham Post ran a "No More Fake Guns" campaign that got an unfortunate amount of publicity. Ironically, despite having campaigned for a total ban, the paper claimed victory  when the VCRA came in.

Personaly, having been there when the Act was still a Bill, written letters to MPs and signed petitions all to no avail, I will call out poor journalism if I see it, because that is how we ended up where we are now.

And I like curry sauce with my chips ;)

• Supporters
3 hours ago, John_W said:

Personaly, having been there when the Act was still a Bill, written letters to MPs and signed petitions all to no avail, I will call out poor journalism if I see it, because that is how we ended up where we are now.

See also the "samurai sword" ban which was also a screeching PR exercise and the result of a long process that began with the murder of Councillor Andrew Pennington by a mental armed with a katana who was targetting an MP.

It eventually morphed into a "50cm+ curved sword" ban that caught up sabres and falchions, with all the usual exceptions: reenactment, theatrical, historical artefacts, if-you-wanted-one.

I listened in to the committee stages, and it was astonishing.  Everybody involved agreed that it was both unnecessary and pointless.  David Davies MP, a special constable at the time, made the point that he took kitchen knives off of folk most weeks, but had never seen anyone using a samurai sword, ever.  He also made the point that Andrew Pennington's murderer would be up for parole before the ban went into effect (and he was released in the same year) and perhaps the criminal justice system should concentrate on dealing with offenders that had been caught rather creating a prohibition that would achieve nothing except to create more criminals.

All to no avail.  The exceptions were added, the ban was put into effect.

And all the market stalls and weaponz4u.com style sellers that were flogging curved £20 "samurai swords" switched overnight to straight £20 "ninja swords".

As ranted elsewhere, if you want to buy a realistic imitation firearm in the UK now, you can walk into an airgun seller with some ID and walk out with anything you like.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.