Modified/Improved TM Glock 17

Minimi124246

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Make/brand: Tokyo Marui G17

Any accessories included: 

-Guarder Aluminium Slide

-Guarder Steel outer barrel

-Guarder frame serial tag/frame safety delete

-RA-Tech 150% Recoil Spring and steel recoil rod

-Mapleleaf Crazyjet inner barrel
-Mapleleaf Hop up unit

-Mapleleaf Autobot 50* hop rubber

-9Ball has route seal (1 installed +3 for extra mags)

-Guns Modify steel trigger bar

-Original TM night Sights

-Original TM parts that were replaced (Except stock slide) 

This was a lockdown project for me, usually run KSC based Glocks. Just wanted a tinker really, I know what the build cost me to do, just trying to get a value really to see if it’s worth selling on or keeping as a wall hanger/occasional run and gun for pistol CQB matches. The base G17 shot 3 mags off to test function, then once completed this build has fired another 3 magazines worth, again to ensure correct functioning. 

What would you guys & gals expect it to go for?

Thanks 😊 

Pictures: hopefully attached. 

EEFF7CCF-F932-4836-89FD-DD845B5DA7BE.jpeg

E122C752-9DF3-41D1-AF7C-9FE48619EE74.jpeg

BBBC0E1A-E508-4379-B5BC-FB7F46DEEFF9.jpeg

6AEFFA01-A7C3-4B93-8E70-06E739934464.jpeg

3E3D3C47-AE0C-4A40-8049-91803C6106DB.jpeg

FD6D8979-E933-4A2E-91D1-68BE981087E6.jpeg

DC3F9C8C-DFB0-4EA6-947D-8A647011C7A8.jpeg

03FFCCB1-3865-44EE-A32F-7025796C4ED6.jpeg

9A5D759A-7313-407F-8805-140D6135BB70.jpeg

5334A5D8-AC41-468C-B7A0-448230FBAB45.jpeg

It will be worth roughly what a standard TMG17 is, maybe a little  more. You’ll get way more money putting it back to standard and selling the parts.

Using the TM frame is a mistake if you want to make your money back, the plastic isn’t brilliant  and it doesn’t have the correct trades.

Also, the ML hop unit isn’t TM spec, it’s WE spec, so the g7n won’t be shooting as well as it could. You’d be better off using the ML hop unit internals and the original TM unit, or a CNC Guarder one.

If it’s your first TM to Guarder build, I’d be willing to bet it isn’t cycling particularly Well or efficiently unless you’ve tailored the rails to the slide. Also, you haven’t mentioned the required spring changes to the recoil and hammer either, I’m assuming you’ve set them up correctly for the weight of the new slide?

These are William Hicks hop-unit pics from FB, In this order:

TM in TM chassis

ML in TM chassis

TM in WE chassis

ML in TM chassis

B4C937FA-1ED5-4B5E-B695-A41785B8DBF2.jpeg

B06D5036-722D-4BF8-A8F7-A15B09555CC9.jpeg

9FB32AEC-EF24-4444-89B0-5E3037DEB786.jpeg

969E6F63-4D8B-4365-93D5-DDE8A29C9367.jpeg

No, not my 1st TM to Guarder and got the slide moving like glass on the chassis. Sanded both rails and slots on the slide up to 3000, sits and slides lovely, cycles flawlessly. Done a couple of full 226’s and a 1911 in the past so learned the hard way 😉

150% recoil as stated, as a very recent G17 (shipped with G4 ambidextrous mag) I was under the impression the hammer spring was adequate, and have found it to be so whilst using propane. 

I’ll have a look at the hop unit and see about moving things about, seems to be functioning but if it’ll perform better in the TM body, it’s certainly worth a shout.

Unfortunately Guarder frames in the U.K. are rocking horse 💩 right now, and nothing is leaving China for a while according to most of the retailers I use. 

Thanks for the advice, looks like I’ll be keeping it then and having a play with the hop tomorrow. 

11 hours ago, Minimi124246 said:

Unfortunately Guarder frames in the U.K. are rocking horse 💩 right now, and nothing is leaving China for a while according to most of the retailers I use. 

I've got a black Guarder frame going spare. Bought it as part of a complete enhanced kit last Thursday, stuck it on my Guarder build then swapped to a OD one I had laying around. PM me if you're interested.

Also @rocketdogbert is right sadly. Building a custom gun is the quickest way to lose money. I sent a brand new TM Hi Capa 4.3 (£150) along with Guarder slide, barrel and shooters design grip and fibre optic front sight (£150 for parts) to Negative Airsoft. He made it work flawlessly and even did a stipple job on the frame, so that's £70 in labour. The best I could get for it was £185 with a spare mag too!

@Cr0-Magnon PM inbound re: Guarder frame. 

Yeah, I know I’ll never get back what I put into it. When I did the 226’s I was using them as primaries during CQB and they had a lot of use so didn’t mind when it came to selling them on. 

The glock was a spur of the moment decision I made for something to do, not something to do out of profit, but loosing £200ish very quickly I can’t do. Might sell my KSC’s off and run this now. 

Cheers bud. 

1 hour ago, Minimi124246 said:

The glock was a spur of the moment decision I made for something to do, not something to do out of profit, but loosing £200ish very quickly I can’t do. Might sell my KSC’s off and run this now. 

I've just done the same! Brand new TM G17 + full enhanced Guarder Kit with postage = GBP 305...not to mention the time I've just spent at the weekend tweaking everything.

I probably won't sell it (for now) but sometimes I list things at a "fair" price (so I'd say £225 for mine) then slowly reduce it depending on how I feel/current finances.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.