Smoking Marui 416c

Dentonboy

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all, just came back from my first skirmish of the year and it was a disaster. 

My TM 416C NGRS has aTernisoftair MKZERO front wire version installed, and I run it on 7.2 LIPO batteries. 

1 battery seemed to be problematic of late, but it chrono'd fine and I ran a 30rd magazine through it pre-game, and it fired fine. 10 mins into the first game, the gun abruptly stopped firing. I swapped out the battery for a newer one. Both are wired with mini-Deans. 

As soon as I plugged in the newer battery, smoke started pouring out of the trigger gap. There was a nasty burnt odour. 

Am I likely looking at a fubar Mosfet, or is it possibly something cheaper to fix?! I haven't taken it apart to look...and am quite dreading what the problem is... 

What's beyond me is you picking an unknown fcu when you could've bought a Titan for the same price.

I say the mosfet is fucked, now go get something from a more reputable manufacturer ;)

Ha, no, it was pre-installed by the person I bought it from around a year ago. 

Still, new fcu I'm afraid.

But can't be sure until you crack it open.

• Supporters

has flashbacks to the same thing happening with an ascu2.....

unfortunately these days unless you have a degree in electrical engineering and a bunch of equipment it's unlikely you're going to be able to repair it if it's gone pop unless you get real lucky and it's obvious what's died.

i'd suggest switching to either a titan, or putting the stock trigger contacts back in and running something external like a warfet, kinda depends on what sort of functionality you want.

15 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

i'd suggest switching to either a titan, or putting the stock trigger contacts back in and running something external like a warfet, kinda depends on what sort of functionality you want.

Precocking a TM recoil doesn't sound like a good idea, but I second the external mosfet thing, easier to replace if it shits the bed.....

Now that I think about it, I should buy another Gate mosfet, just in case my warfet pulls a jihad on me.

• Supporters
41 minutes ago, Skara said:

Precocking a TM recoil doesn't sound like a good idea, but I second the external mosfet thing, easier to replace if it shits the bed.....

Now that I think about it, I should buy another Gate mosfet, just in case my warfet pulls a jihad on me.

hmm, fair point on the recoil.

in fairness that just makes it even simpler: nanoasr

• 2 weeks later...

The mosfet is dead. I know as I had the exact same thing happen to my NGRS 416 Delta with MKZERO fitted about 3 weeks ago. The main chip fried and popped making repair not an option.

I've replaced it with a Titan (basic) as I'm only using the standard features so didn't opt for the Advanced model. I've tried the DTD, MKZERO and Titan in my NGRS's and I've pretty much replaced everything with Titans.

The 416C has extra connections for the 30 round battery magazine so it might be worth taking your one to a shop to get the Titan fitted.

The only two internal mosfets recommended for NGRS from what I've been told are BTC Spectres (firstly) and secondly Titans. I have 2 titans in 2 of my recoils. Albeit I haven't played with them as yet but will do in 2 weeks as long as there are no thunder storms or torrential rain! I had my professionally installed as I didn't want to risk any cockups... But yeah your symptoms are that of a 40/day smoking fet... It's unlikely your motor is shafted but it will be worth checking both items...

Oh, if you need a stock trigger set for a 416 drop me a note... It's rear wired though so won't help unless you wanna rear wire it.. but then you could fit a warfet..

44 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

If you know, you know.

DONT_BUY_A_TOKYO_MARUI_NGRS_(part_1).gif.422e8d43e438a075e731f59e2c4084d1.gif

I was waiting for someone to post that meme up lol

If you want a smart-FET and like to actually feel a trigger get hold of a BTC, also a lot less anal about dirt / grease etc.

The Titans a good but the trigger is kinda ghost like and sensitive to dirt etc.

Or run the stock trigger mech and an X-ASR.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.