Maxxmodel Feeding Issue on Semi.

Asomodai

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello all. 

Got my Ares Soc-AR back. 

It feed perfectly fine on semi and auto with my Lonex Flash mags. 

It feeds perfectly fine on full auto with my PTS Mid caps. However it will only feed 1/3rd of every 3 shots on semi with the PTS's. 

Could be the bb retaining latch or that gap at the top of the hop unit chamber. Anyone got any ideas?

Cheers!

R

I had some issues with the retention latch and various mags. In the end, I used epoxy to keep the latch permanently open and it feeds on all of my mags now. Makes the latch feature totally redundant but at least I’m not going into the safe zone with a few rounds in the hop

hopefully, you’ll be able to find a less permanent means to get yours feeding

• Supporters

i'm wondering if the mag isn't sitting quite high enough in the magwell to properly open the latch?

maybe try a see spacer of rubber stuck on the underside of the latch see if that helps.

I encountered a combined issue of the mag’s moulding vs the gearbox shell. Inserting some mags pushed the latch open to the point where it was fouling on the gearbox and wouldnt allow the mag to go in fully. This was with a RetroArms Split V2 which may be a bit chunkier than other V2’s at the front. I dremeled some material off of the top of the lever and found that it then worked on mags that wouldn’t fully insert but now my mags that did work before wouldn’t open the mechanism enough to allow it to feed! 

As long as yours isn’t being stopped by the front underside of your gearbox the rubber shim idea may just be the ticket

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.