Raven Meu

RonLancs

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all, 

Just a quick’n. Will the above hunk a junk take a maple leaf hop unit and barrel? I know the EU18 takes the maple leaf guts but just thought I’d ask as I’ve finally managed to rope my mate into coming and he wants a gun and is determined on the 1911/hi-capa.... Also he’s extremely cheap. I’ve tried telling him TM, WE blah blah before you start. 

Ron

The real issue is the gas seals and mags. If he MUST get a 1911 and is ultra cheap, the Army Armament ones are not bad. They are 99% TM compatible. 

I believe the Ravens are based on the ancient WE model. Which is just awful. 

12 hours ago, Asomodai said:

The real issue is the gas seals and mags. If he MUST get a 1911 and is ultra cheap, the Army Armament ones are not bad. They are 99% TM compatible. 

I believe the Ravens are based on the ancient WE model. Which is just awful. 

Hmm, I didn’t even recommend AA to him but tis a good shout! Full metal build and if you can drop those parts in then it’s the clear choice! Thanks mate. 

I’ll send him this one and I’ve got a Nuprol 1911 holster that I don’t use anymore you reckon it’ll fit? 

https://www.taiwangun.com/en/gas-4/r27-army-armament?from=listing&campaign-id=14&q=Army+armament

2 hours ago, RonLancs said:

Hmm, I didn’t even recommend AA to him but tis a good shout! Full metal build and if you can drop those parts in then it’s the clear choice! Thanks mate. 

I’ll send him this one and I’ve got a Nuprol 1911 holster that I don’t use anymore you reckon it’ll fit? 

https://www.taiwangun.com/en/gas-4/r27-army-armament?from=listing&campaign-id=14&q=Army+armament

Yeah it should be fine. 

The only issue like with all cheap pistols will be leaky seals. Which is a big problem on 1911s because of the small gas capacity (He wont be using any 1911 in winter basically) So if he doesnt get spare mags make sure to get TM M45A1 ones. They are great quality and have slightly more gas capacity then most. 

9 hours ago, Asomodai said:

Yeah it should be fine. 

The only issue like with all cheap pistols will be leaky seals. Which is a big problem on 1911s because of the small gas capacity (He wont be using any 1911 in winter basically) So if he doesnt get spare mags make sure to get TM M45A1 ones. They are great quality and have slightly more gas capacity then most. 

Thanks again mate. He seems happy with it. What a good feeling bringing someone else into this hobby. 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.