Taiwangun or Patrolbase

Caj109

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Alright lads, im soon to be renting at a site thankfully instead of buying two tone, so means I'll aim for my defence before buying.

I'm stuck between buying from TG or PatrolBase, patrolbase is £50 more but as its my first gun maybe I'm worried a bit ordering from TG as abroad if it gets stuck at customs.

I do plan on buying some mags from them so makes sense to buy the gun too if its 50 pound cheaper.

👍

Edit: the gun im looking at, only seem to find it on patrolbase and TG:-

https://www.taiwangun.com/en/electric/cm-097b-upgraded-version-cyma

https://www.patrolbase.co.uk/cyma-cm-097b-platinum-edition

TG is fine with a UKARA number.  All tracked and only takes about 4-5 working days.

Remember that they have higher post cost (£12+) so factor that into the price.

I'd put everything you want into a basket for each and see how much it comes to including delivery.

(The more you buy from TG the lower the postage is a factor)

Go with patrolbase. Only go with taiwangun if you're absolutely sure you're not going to return anything and/or a massive deal is on.

I love Taiwangun. But, I don't like the lengthy and expensive process of returning from uk to poland when something goes wrong.

6 minutes ago, AK47frizzle said:

Go with patrolbase. Only go with taiwangun if you're absolutely sure you're not going to return anything and/or a massive deal is on.

I love Taiwangun. But, I don't like the lengthy and expensive process of returning from uk to poland when something goes wrong.

Thanks, yeah ive searched on here and heard some horror stories regarding returns or parts! Part of the deciding factor plus will be my first gun as well

22 minutes ago, EDcase said:

TG is fine with a UKARA number.  All tracked and only takes about 4-5 working days.

Remember that they have higher post cost (£12+) so factor that into the price.

I'd put everything you want into a basket for each and see how much it comes to including delivery.

(The more you buy from TG the lower the postage is a factor)

Thanks, do see others have luck with them. Yeah wont order from them until ukara cause they don't two tone anyways so might as well get ukara.

Well 50 pound difference between tbe two places was gonna get some mags from tg anyways and maybe other bits as its cheaper

I have returned a couple of things and yes its a pain but no more than returning anywhere else.

They send you a pre-paid return label so all you have to do is drop it off in the post office.

They test the gun before sending and include the test sheet showing fps over 10 shots.

They'll also change the spring to make it UK legal for free. 

Always a good idea to keep the packaging for a few days until you're happy everything is working as it should.

Just do your research to make sure which model you want and what the specs should be.  Then check the description carefully to be satisfied that what you order has the same specs.

1 minute ago, EDcase said:

I have returned a couple of things and yes its a pain but no more than returning anywhere else.

They send you a pre-paid return label so all you have to do is drop it off in the post office.

They test the gun before sending and include the test sheet showing fps over 10 shots.

They'll also change the spring to make it UK legal for free. 

Always a good idea to keep the packaging for a few days until you're happy everything is working as it should.

Thanks, definitely something to think about as the difference can be spent on other things for it!

Yeah ive seen they downgrade it for free which is nice for sure saves me doing it!

Suppose I've got 3 months or so to decide and when its in stock, not got my first game until 8th!

Cheers

I use Patrolbase for most of my gun accessories like mags etc. They have been awesome, the return policy has been good too I have had to return things that have not fitted but it’s a fault of my own. 
Personally patrolbase would be a good move. Also take a look at https://www.fatbobs.co.uk they are pretty good. 

• Supporters
3 hours ago, Caj109 said:

Edit: the gun im looking at, only seem to find it on patrolbase and TG:-

Er, both of them say that they're out of stock.  Stocking is an issue for retailers at the moment, I wouldn't bet on it coming back in stock any time soon.

7 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

Er, both of them say that they're out of stock.  Stocking is an issue for retailers at the moment, I wouldn't bet on it coming back in stock any time soon.

Yeah i know they are both out of stock, should be back in stock soon enough cant buy until another 2-3 months anyways. Just gauging at the moment.

No harm if waiting a bit the TG one has only just gone out of stock but Patrol has been for a week or so

9 hours ago, Leonine said:

I use Patrolbase for most of my gun accessories like mags etc. They have been awesome, the return policy has been good too I have had to return things that have not fitted but it’s a fault of my own. 
Personally patrolbase would be a good move. Also take a look at https://www.fatbobs.co.uk they are pretty good. 

Thanks ill have a gander at them, seems they don't stock the gun i want unfortunately even though they stock cyma!

• Supporters

Buy this in 2-tone (pick ya colour)...

https://www.patrolbase.co.uk/cyma-cm-517-m4-combat-machine

ONLY AFTER YOU GET UKARA

WHEN you get UKARA...

pull off stock, pull off receiver (remove inner barrel)

spray/soak in Fairy/Dettol or whatever....

IF YOU STRIP/REPAINT IT YOU MUST ONLY SELL TO OTHERS WITH DEFENCE

buy from PB = deffo UK spec gun

save gun hire fee

half decent starter gun - plastic yes but about best starter for £100

sell it 6 months for say £60 or so - saved the gun hire fees

(or keep as spare/loaner)

Sure it is a bit cheap & plastic, but usable, tweakable and even if it busts worth something in bits

could buy a LOT worse, yes you could buy a Specna or G&G and would be a bit better

But trying to get you something & save on hire fees where you can recoup a fair bit if you give it all up

just don't go completely nutz on your first gun I would suggest

some might say wait & save your money & I get that

but it is less than half the price & in stock

by the time you get ukara you might want an AK or G36 instead

or something else if the 97b is not available or something better takes your fancy

best of luck

10 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

At the moment I can't even buy CYMA pistons and that's from my Chinese agent who buys direct from the factory.  Maybe something has gone down like a few years ago when the cops busted alot of underground factories.  If you were the Chinese government facing a riotous HK population last thing you want is a load of unlicensed replica firearms heading towards the city.  

1 hour ago, ak2m4 said:

At the moment I can't even buy CYMA pistons and that's from my Chinese agent who buys direct from the factory.  Maybe something has gone down like a few years ago when the cops busted alot of underground factories.  If you were the Chinese government facing a riotous HK population last thing you want is a load of unlicensed replica firearms heading towards the city.  

Thanks, thats handy so I'll know likelihood of getting that cyma I want. Hopefully it starts sorting itself out though! 

1 hour ago, Sitting Duck said:

Buy this in 2-tone (pick ya colour)...

https://www.patrolbase.co.uk/cyma-cm-517-m4-combat-machine

ONLY AFTER YOU GET UKARA

WHEN you get UKARA...

pull off stock, pull off receiver (remove inner barrel)

spray/soak in Fairy/Dettol or whatever....

IF YOU STRIP/REPAINT IT YOU MUST ONLY SELL TO OTHERS WITH DEFENCE

buy from PB = deffo UK spec gun

save gun hire fee

half decent starter gun - plastic yes but about best starter for £100

sell it 6 months for say £60 or so - saved the gun hire fees

(or keep as spare/loaner)

Sure it is a bit cheap & plastic, but usable, tweakable and even if it busts worth something in bits

could buy a LOT worse, yes you could buy a Specna or G&G and would be a bit better

But trying to get you something & save on hire fees where you can recoup a fair bit if you give it all up

just don't go completely nutz on your first gun I would suggest

some might say wait & save your money & I get that

but it is less than half the price & in stock

by the time you get ukara you might want an AK or G36 instead

or something else if the 97b is not available or something better takes your fancy

best of luck

Thanks thats actually a perfect idea as where I'm going to be renting isnr exactly cheap, seems it £50 then additional £40 refundable deposit if I damage the gun.

No others ive looked at say about the additional so like you say mighy be worth me buying a cheap two tone so then I only have to pay like £25 for games!

Might look at g&g and specna as was gonna get a specna originally but worried cause the gearboxes but won't be over doing it I doubt.

Unsure if the edge version is a bit too much maybe if I do end up buying the cyma later on 🤔

Something like this low end specna edge https://www.patrolbase.co.uk/specna-arms-rock-river-arms-sa-e03-edge-carbine?pv=9480

Mid caps, similar battery to the cyma when i get it too.

Cheers

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Caj109 said:

Thanks, thats handy so I'll know likelihood of getting that cyma I want. Hopefully it starts sorting itself out though! 

Thanks thats actually a perfect idea as where I'm going to be renting isnr exactly cheap, seems it £50 then additional £40 refundable deposit if I damage the gun.

No others ive looked at say about the additional so like you say mighy be worth me buying a cheap two tone so then I only have to pay like £25 for games!

Might look at g&g and specna as was gonna get a specna originally but worried cause the gearboxes but won't be over doing it I doubt.

Unsure if the edge version is a bit too much maybe if I do end up buying the cyma later on 🤔

Something like this low end specna edge https://www.patrolbase.co.uk/specna-arms-rock-river-arms-sa-e03-edge-carbine?pv=9480

Mid caps, similar battery to the cyma when i get it too.

Cheers

The 513 is cheapest option...

https://www.patrolbase.co.uk/cyma-cm-513-m4-ris-suppressed?pv=2610

I like the 517 coz it is a Raider clone with its 295mm barrel in the middle of a long/short Raider

But basically same stuff inside on all the 5xx cyma M4's

all you need is your walk on fee, a bag of bb's, a gun that shoots & some eye pro/protection

gun hire is about £20 per day say

(includes some bb's and "maybe" a lunch if you lucky...)

say £15 gun hire

£15 x 3 games = £45 to get ukara

so if you lose £45 on a cheapo gun reselling it - you broke even(ish)

obviously mags, bb's, batteries, better charger but you might be buying them with better gun later

just a thought that was all

Just now, Sitting Duck said:

The 513 is cheapest option...

https://www.patrolbase.co.uk/cyma-cm-513-m4-ris-suppressed?pv=2610

I like the 517 coz it is a Raider clone with its 295mm barrel in the middle of a long/short Raider

But basically same stuff inside on all the 5xx cyma M4's

all you need is your walk on fee, a bag of bb's, a gun that shoots & some eye pro/protection

gun hire is about £20 per day say

(includes some bb's and "maybe" a lunch if you lucky...)

say £15 gun hire

£15 x 3 games = £45 to get ukara

so if you lose £45 on a cheapo gun reselling it - you broke even(ish)

obviously mags, bb's, batteries, better charger but you might be buying them with better gun later

just a thought that was all

Yeah i see what you mean definitely with the costs to rent out-way the cost of buying two tone and walk on fee, like you say it'll be a spare gun too if need me!

I'm debating cause say the cyma likes lipos i was gonna get a gun which also likes lipos to save costs down the line, but suppose can always use nimh.

Have got clothing, boots and eye pro already so mainly need gun, charger etc.

Plus down the line say when I've got my ukara and the cyma is back can easily get from TG as will have the other gun to use while waiting.

appreciate the reply though gave me a thought for sure!

Thanks

Craig

• Supporters

a 11.1v will work for a while, though I suggest a decent 7.4v

the issue is the std motor in there is a weak, slow 28tpa that will fire at 12rps tops on 7.4v/8.4v nimah

you can boost it on 11.1v to say 19rps but trigger contacts may scorch over time

(hence many guns use a mosfet which are becoming more common as standard in mid-range guns of say £150)

but you get what you pay for as they say....

a 20c 11.1v will be OK, not pushing you over 20rps but if you want it to last go for 7.4v 25c or something

don't bother with buying nimah's, for what they are worth

you may as well invest in a decent B6 charger that charges everything and lipo

the motor is the weak point in all of the gun - it is shit - worth about £5 if that on ebay

(torquey 28tpa = slow speed, but ultra weak magnets, so gonna be pushed to squeeze any zest out)

but why bother upgrading it if this gun is just to get you through so to speak

(as said try to avoid sinking money into a cheapo starter if possible)

If you had a cheapo AK cm.028 or 521 then I would wire in a cheap mosfet & run on 11.1v with lame motor

M4's need opening right up - so not so easy to fit a mosfet like on AK's

(where you could just use & splice the existing wires up without actually opening gearbox)

but we aren't discussing AK's, so with M4's you gotta work with what you got

The Platinum's have better motor & might have 13:1's so 7.4v will be fine

& 11.1v on a 97b could be risking PME perhaps

so you are likely looking at sticking on 7.4v lipo I'd say and just get your feet wet

you could use 9.6v nimah - but honestly I wouldn't really be looking to buy new nimah's

(as I would be going 7.4v lipo mostly on a decent motor/gear setup, or 11.1v on lamer stuff with mosfet)

What you don't want to do is go too nutz perhaps

oh and ffs don't buy a Nuprol

Just now, Sitting Duck said:

a 11.1v will work for a while, though I suggest a decent 7.4v

the issue is the std motor in there is a weak, slow 28tpa that will fire at 12rps tops on 7.4v/8.4v nimah

you can boost it on 11.1v to say 19rps but trigger contacts may scorch over time

(hence many guns use a mosfet which are becoming more common as standard in mid-range guns of say £150)

but you get what you pay for as they say....

a 20c 11.1v will be OK, not pushing you over 20rps but if you want it to last go for 7.4v 25c or something

don't bother with buying nimah's, for what they are worth

you may as well invest in a decent B6 charger that charges everything and lipo

the motor is the weak point in all of the gun - it is shit - worth about £5 if that on ebay

(torquey 28tpa = slow speed, but ultra weak magnets, so gonna be pushed to squeeze any zest out)

but why bother upgrading it if this gun is just to get you through so to speak

(as said try to avoid sinking money into a cheapo starter if possible)

If you had a cheapo AK cm.028 or 521 then I would wire in a cheap mosfet & run on 11.1v with lame motor

M4's need opening right up - so not so easy to fit a mosfet like on AK's

(where you could just use & splice the existing wires up without actually opening gearbox)

but we aren't discussing AK's, so with M4's you gotta work with what you got

The Platinum's have better motor & might have 13:1's so 7.4v will be fine

& 11.1v on a 97b could be risking PME perhaps

so you are likely looking at sticking on 7.4v lipo I'd say and just get your feet wet

you could use 9.6v nimah - but honestly I wouldn't really be looking to buy new nimah's

(as I would be going 7.4v lipo mostly on a decent motor/gear setup, or 11.1v on lamer stuff with mosfet)

What you don't want to do is go too nutz perhaps

oh and ffs don't buy a Nuprol

Thanks, I've bite the bullet and just ordered two tone on the SA-E03 in the end, thinking cause i'll probabaly keep as a spare gun or even main if i end up buying the cyma.

I've bought 2x 7.4v 25c cranestock lipo's, wasnt planning on buying a 11.1v as rather not burn it out like you said. plus means handy if i get cyma so dont need to buy more batteries, plus specna comes with 2 midcaps.

bought chrono, 0.25g bb's, bought a imax b6 off hobbyking uk version for the lipos, and safety bag. a nuprol case too for the gun and bits! 

Dont worry wont be touching nuprol! heard all sorts haha.

just got to wait now and hope it comes before the 8th August!

Thanks for the advice, I've been checking out this forum a lot recently to see what issues people have had.

21 minutes ago, EDcase said:

Good shopping basket.

You should be happy with all that

Yeah, good to start with! Means got something to use for a fair few months then should be able to buy something else if I fancy.

You've got the E03 if i recall? Doing you fine?

41 minutes ago, Caj109 said:

You've got the E03 if i recall? Doing you fine?

Yes, I have and very happy with its performance the last few times its been used.

Unfortunately of course I haven't been out since last year but hopefully soon... (got more toys to test 😉)

First priority when you get any airsoft weapon is to clean the barrel well. (Its easy to forget in the excitement)

Use the rod with a strip of lint free cloth (I cut up one of those disposable dishcloths) Use some alcohol on the cloth but not soaking.

Slowly twist in one direction as you push the rod in (It should be quite tight)  Be very gentle when you get to the hop and don't force it through.

Keep twisting in the same direction as you pull the rod out.

Then do it again twisting the other way.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.