Struggling to Beat My Anxiety and Go.

Sambo

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Had my first game at my local CQB probably two years ago - My friends had done paintball before and didn't like it so I couldn't convince them to try it and so I eventually had to bite the bullet and go alone.  Already bought all the gear so I didn't feel like a twat turning up in jeans and a jumper so I had camo, helmet, boots etc - used the sites stock M4s but found they were a bit long for the arena; I enjoyed it enough to keep going so for my second game I made sure I had my own gun, a JG Ika Zuchi / Thunder Maul which didn't need a UKARA number (I like to be that guy with a unique looking gun) 

Most people there were friendly, quite a few first timers actually, which made me feel more relaxed - not the kind of people I would find myself hanging around with outside of the site unfortunately but friendly enough, maybe just a clique for the location???

I've only been to one outdoor game at Otley Stealth woods but I felt that was an even bigger mix of people and probably found it easier to make friends there as it wasnt "everyones local club" you know, where most people already know each other...

One tip - If you're 5'2", weigh less than 10 St and are already super unfit, try not to wander around a woodland setting dragging around an SGR 12 for a full 8 hour game.

@Big Daddy Vladdy 👋

Been in your position, you will have fun and get on with a few people on the day! 🔫😎👍

💷GAMBLE💷

Went airsofting by myself today and I got recognized and had friendly chats with people I played with last times.

Obviously this won't happen the first time you go, but if you just chat to people some of them will remember you.

We're a friendly bunch

Hey man,

I'm in the same boat at the moment, the friends that were interested have bailed so im looking to get to know some new people. I'm booked in to go alone with a friend of a friend (who i have never met or know) to black hills airsoft "the outback" on the 22nd August. Its between sheffield and chesterfield (I live in sheffield). From what ive heard the airsoft community is very friendly but i understand your nerves because im in the same situation. I'm happy to meet to people so if you wanna come with just message me or something. :)

Cheers,

Josh 

Hey Sam, 

Best advice (as above) is to just get out there and do it imo!  

I feel your pain, I struggle to find any mates that are interested and reliable enough to come along most of the time, I spend most of the drive worrying about turning up on my tod and then the rest of the day having a blast.  Any sites I've been to the staff are friendly enough and most 'softers are too.  Maybe we need an Airsoft singles site......

My biggest bit of advice is to get some decent Eyepro and face protection (to make sure you don't fog up, i'd get something mesh as a backup if your using polycarb lenses or goggles, just in case.  a foggy days is the most rubbish day imo..).

I'd also get at least one more battery, preferably two (there cheap enough these days to have enough to last a day) and a decent charger so you don't kill them.  Next on the list is a good attitude and some integrity (calling hit's and not getting wound up, it's only a game...  I'm amazed by the 'ard men who get upset getting hit by a couple to many plastic bb's.... that they've paid good money to get shot at with...) and listen to the rules.

Nothing wrong truing up in trackys, it's plastic pea shooters on a Sunday at the end of the day:.. camo etc and looking the part has no real benafit on your day for the most part (unless you want to look like a bush : o ) beyond one's own mind (or ego etc), same goes for a blue gun, who cares (or wrap a camo scarf around it if your worried..)!   The distances involved are mostly to short and the games to quick for camo to be effective.  Most important thing is getting out there and doing it!

As for turning up on your own, get there and just ask a few people about their guns,  most can't help but talk for days about them and bestow there opinions on to you.. you'll be fine!

m

5 hours ago, Leader Bee said:

Might be worth starting a thread for meetups? if enough people in close proximity have nobody to go with

That’d be a good idea, I’d like to find some ppl near me who I can go skirmish with!

Good man! 

Bite the bullet,take the bull by the horns,throw caution to the wind,let the devil beware when the Angel's move the clouds,faint heart never won fair maid and stuff like that.

Have fun.👍

Regards

Good to hear. I know how much anxiety and mental health issues can hold you* back. I'm sure when you get into the game you'll be glad you went

*you in general, not specifically you

I’ve been playing on and off for over 12 years now and there has been so many times when I just go and join a game on my own, I’ve never had any problems and always felt welcome. I mInly play at the KILLHOUSE in Leeds great little site I went on my own last week! Nobody will care what your wearing or what gun u have, it will become a talking point as u start chatting to other players. Get your boots on and have a cracking time shooting people 😂

Hi Col1

Welcome to the pleasure dome.

All of airsofts rich hot pot of deviants,reprobates,fantasists and practising thugs are here to pander to your every whim.

Bless 'em all.

👍

Regards

On 19/08/2020 at 09:24, Brophy said:

I think I might have convinced my brother to go with me (as part of my birthday in Sept, will be the first time I'm going...) but if he drops out I'm still gonna go and see if I can tag along with a few others just to get the first game anxiety out the way.

I think this forum and the way people talk about the majority of players being sound and approachable (including experiences people have had at my local sites) have put me more at ease.

What sites do you go? As it says FOB etc on y profile. Me and my team go to West Midlands that’s our local site. Trust me when you go it’s a great experience if u struggle to talk to anyone. Shoot one of ya own team mates by accident and then go into the safe zone and apologise to them and then ask them about their gun etc and  that’s how ya make mate well one way.😜😂

10 minutes ago, Leonine said:

What sites do you go? As it says FOB etc on y profile. Me and my team go to West Midlands that’s our local site. Trust me when you go it’s a great experience if u struggle to talk to anyone. Shoot one of ya own team mates by accident and then go into the safe zone and apologise to them and then ask them about their gun etc and  that’s how ya make mate well one way.😜😂

Or just say 'hi I'm john first day here.nice gun'

Negates having to shoot,bludgeon,trip up or set fire to them to break the ice. 

Ps may be a bit risky hitting them with friendly fire. Lol

👍🙂

Regards

13 minutes ago, Shamal said:

Or just say 'hi I'm john first day here.nice gun'

Negates having to shoot,bludgeon,trip up or set fire to them to break the ice. 

Ps may be a bit risky hitting them with friendly fire. Lol

👍🙂

Regards

Never know 😜 yea or ask the marshalls also look for who is renting guns they tend to be newish once u get ya tape on tho for the team u can gather who seems friendly but it’s very distanced currently in safe zones🙂

10 hours ago, Leonine said:

Shoot one of ya own team mates by accident and then go into the safe zone and apologise to them and then ask them about their gun etc and  that’s how ya make mate well one way.😜😂

Definitely NOT the way to make friends 🙄

In the safe zone just say 'Nice gun' and go from there...

That's all you need to do 😁

1 hour ago, Leonine said:

Yeah, the west mid fob and cqb sites are my local sites (cqb being the closest) its not so much the people interaction I'm concerned about, it's more about absorbing all the information and rules and making sure I don't fuck up or look like a bumbling idiot 😂

1 hour ago, Brophy said:

Yeah, the west mid fob and cqb sites are my local sites (cqb being the closest) its not so much the people interaction I'm concerned about, it's more about absorbing all the information and rules and making sure I don't fuck up or look like a bumbling idiot 😂

The rules are pretty standard there like call your hits etc and dont get into fights😂 The Marshall’s are pretty funny and laid back you won’t have any issues and if you had any questions or support they are always willing to explain to you  also the players who I have played with in the past always are helpful if you have any questions or issues. 🙂

1 hour ago, EDcase said:

Definitely NOT the way to make friends 🙄

In the safe zone just say 'Nice gun' and go from there...

That's all you need to do

This is why I have 0 friends 😣  Nah always complimenting people’s guns is a good thing to do or asking about their gear and camo etc. 

11 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

But what if they have a P90?

Then just say I know where you can get some cheap good looking guns 😉😂

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.