Battle Belt Choice.

leadly

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello all.

I had purchased a Condor gen 2 battle belt at the start of the month on Amazon. It should have arrived at the latest on the 15th but still hasn't shown up, Amazon have kindly sent me a refund as the seller wasn't responding to my messages.

I've done a few searches and that has thrown up some recommendations for UK Tactical warrior belts. They look lovely but come in over 3 X the price of the condor belt. I know your paying for a quality item and the fact you can bypass segments of molle to use ordinary belt attachments is very handy indeed.

I just wondered are there any other alternatives that are worth looking at before I type in my credit card details and close my eyes while I click buy?

Cheers,

Rich

The condor belt will be perfectly serviceable for airsoft - I'd recommend grabbing one from military1st rather than amazon though. I've used them multiple times over the years and every shipment has been nice and easy, no extra postage costs on the site as well from what I remember.

If you do look at the higher cost offerings I'd personally recommend the HSGI suregrip, I've had it for around 3 years now (maybe more - covid has taken it's toll on my memory 😄) and it has held up great - essentially my go to rig for my sniper and part of my HPA setup. Originally I looked at the warrior stuff but got persuaded by quite a few posts on reddit and the wider internet, decided to take the chance and was pleasantly surprised.

Crappy phone picture for your perusal - cheapo taiwangun pistol mag pouches for pistol magazines, a generic onetigris utility pouch for speedloader/bbs, etc. warrior pistol pouch for VSR mags and a warrior universal holster. Got some free molle estate as that's where my triple M4 pouch sits when I swap over, I sometimes throw a canteen pouch on there. All tied up with generic fleabay belt.

image.png.1346ea8b3ac5e3ace2d398f36ab1e633.png

5 minutes ago, Musica said:

I love inner/outer belts as they don't ride up but they aren't cheap but they are sturdy. 

UK company sell some https://frvtailoring.co.uk/collections/shooters-belt

How are they for pulling down when loaded up?

• Mostly Retired Moderators
1 minute ago, Musica said:

I love inner/outer belts as they don't ride up but they aren't cheap

Mine was very cheap (£20!). And I'm really happy with mine.

https://www.weapon762.com/belt-and-suspenders/2050-tmc-175-inch-shuto-tactical-belt-metal-buckle-version.html

oDM7HwQ.jpgimage.png.cf2a9cefc5e2c3a31e36898db2b6307f.png

It doesn't have the MOLLE all the way round to the front on one side though as you can see where my  USP is. But, it puts the holster at a good "3 o'clock" on my hip, and I wouldn't put pouches in front of it anyway.

36 minutes ago, BigStew said:

How are they for pulling down when loaded up?

I have never had any issues but I don't overload it pretty standard loadout. Trousers stay up belt stays attached. I use 2 pisol mags, holster, dump pouch and my trmr.  I have a chest rig for my radio, and rifle magazines.

My friend only runs this belt and he has his odin speedload, 4  AEG m4 mags, 2 gas pistol mags and  a multishot trmr. His holster is drop leg so can't really count that as pulling on it. They sell shoulder straps which if you wanted to really load a belt up with no other load bearing you should be using but he hasn't got them yet and hasn't had an issue.

37 minutes ago, L3wisD said:

Mine was very cheap (£20!). And I'm really happy with mine.

https://www.weapon762.com/belt-and-suspenders/2050-tmc-175-inch-shuto-tactical-belt-metal-buckle-version.html

It doesn't have the MOLLE all the way round to the front on one side though as you can see where my  USP is. But, it puts the holster at a good "3 o'clock" on my hip, and I wouldn't put pouches in front of it anyway.

What size did you order  and roughly if you don't mind me asking whats your dress size? The one from FRV seems to have sizing more bespoke but for that price I agree you don't molle that part up  as that is where my rifle sits when slung.  If this was out when I ordered my belt I would of give it a go for sure.

• Mostly Retired Moderators
4 minutes ago, Musica said:

What size did you order  and roughly if you don't mind me asking whats your dress size?

Certainly - I ordered the Large size. I'm a 36" waist normally. 

There's lots of adjustment left over once it's on, so would go to a 38", maybe even 40" at a push?

Thanks for all of the replies so far!

I'm sort of hoping this one from Amazon still turns up because who doesn't like free stuff. Plus the seller on Amazon in the only place I can find an Olive Drab belt in small. 

For the price, I'm going to order a condor one from Military1st. I've got 90 days for a free return so I can get all dressed up and do some darting about the garden with it on!

If that doesn't fit the bill then I've got plenty of other options to consider!

I'll be loading mine with a dual mag pouch for my MK23, a dump pouch and water bottle on the back, a DTD holster for my MK23 and a little zipped pouch for 1 speed loader and 4 VSR mags.

I may get some separate pouches for the VRS mags but I'll see how I get on with my little bag / pouch thing first before I spend even more money.

Thanks again.

On 23/07/2020 at 11:36, L3wisD said:

Certainly - I ordered the Large size. I'm a 36" waist normally. 

There's lots of adjustment left over once it's on, so would go to a 38", maybe even 40" at a push?

Do you know anywhere else that sells that Tactical belt?, I'm looking into getting one myself - but they are out of stock.

I agree about the 2 piece inner/outer belts being awesome. Love my FRV20200628_091805.thumb.jpg.37a58fc687bb55f38d43123d96f01a19.jpg 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.