Project Peregrine

PopRocket123

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

After the disappointment of the VFC MP7 AEG I figured I'd make my own. I picked up a second hand ICS split gearbox for cheap and a bunch of Ares 9mm magazines and have modelled them up in Fusion 360 with help from @Hangtight as I am using my own version of his custom gearbox concept. For the trigger I'm using a BTC Chimera with custom made microswitch modules for the trigger, selector and cut off lever.

Which brings us up to date on the work done so far. I need to draw up an AEG outer barrel and a pair of side plate to be laser cut for the lower gearbox and I can start work on the 3d printed parts. These will include a central trunnion that all other parts will be mounted from, a monolithic upper receiver, an Uzi style removable forend containing the battery and MOSFET and a single piece lower receiver/pistol grip/magwell. The lower gearbox will also have 3d printed infills to hold the side plates together. 

The final product should be around 400mm long but with its full sized gearbox and an r hopped 200mm inner barrel it should still be capable of 50-60m accurately. 

If you're interested in following this project as it develops please consider following our Facebook page, Project Peregrine - Custom Airsoft SMG

IMG_20200702_185119.jpg

received_334698437928218.jpeg

received_325391361830990.png

received_611105639538341~2.png

689c94250e7e6a401277452ef00c97c1.jpg

314px-Alternator_SMG~2.png

I love this idea! I always wondered why a RIF *had* to be a copy of a real gun amd how you could lay things out if starting from a blank slate.

I will be following this 😁

1 hour ago, SSPKali said:

I love this idea! I always wondered why a RIF *had* to be a copy of a real gun amd how you could lay things out if starting from a blank slate.

I will be following this 😁

Thanks. it's a lot of the busy work currently, modelling up the existing parts and getting the layout finalised to be able to start drawing up the printed parts. So far it's looking promising though, there's a lot more space for your thumb than it seemed in my rough initial sketches

116017558_286682602562238_1346336584824034172_n.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

Is there no option to angle the grip? Doesnt look all that comfy

I'm looking at options for Glock style mags. I was going to go for the Classic Army X9 mags but they're out of stock everywhere at the moment. The Ares m45 mags are looking like a better option currently. This would be as an alternative lower receiver later down the line

33 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

If your 3d printing the reciever you could angle the existing mag back and have a feed tube to line up with the hop?

It may come to that. These are only 45 round mags so I was trying to get some higher capacity mid caps to make it more skirmishable. The final grip form is going to be closer to an MP9 to make it more ergonomic than this very rough sketch

A quick exploded view. A couple of major components missing from this are the trigger module, lower gearbox and the trunnion to mount the outer barrel in the upper receiver

IMG_20200803_221725_745.jpg

A quick question to the mods. If I get to point where I'm actually manufacturing this in small numbers would you have a problem with me selling on here? Since I'm not a company I don't have a website or any other way of letting people order them being what I could sneak past Facebook

• 2 weeks later...

The X9 mag has arrived for a comfier grip and more practical mag capacity. Now we can work on the form of the grip and finalize the shape of the gearbox. 

received_1393853104336796.jpeg

received_966831007154866.jpeg

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.