Gbb Rifle or Smg for Plinking

Cr0-Magnon

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I like an easy life, so it seems unlikely I'd ever properly skirmish a GBBR but do fancy one for a bit of occasional plinking etc.

What would be a good option without breaking the bank? I ideally want one which isn't a total pain to adjust the hop on.

I'd throw in the KJW KC-02, £250 or thereabouts. Decent performer out of the box and if you're after something with an easy hop adjustment it's got a TDC style wheel on the top. Good aftermarket support also, with 3d printed stuff, CNC machined bits from rogueworx and the like.

32 minutes ago, Shaydee said:

I'd throw in the KJW KC-02, £250 or thereabouts. Decent performer out of the box and if you're after something with an easy hop adjustment it's got a TDC style wheel on the top. Good aftermarket support also, with 3d printed stuff, CNC machined bits from rogueworx and the like.

Will check 'em out. A TM would be an obvious choice but not sure I'd feel comfortable paying that much.

Why not a pistol in a carbine kit?

You already have a glock, you could buy a RONI (or clone, obviously) and have fun with that.

S&T make a decent enough GBB M4, GA open bolt system, less the  £200 new.

Or you can pick up a WE used for around that figure. The WE G36 has a bigger gas capacity in the mag, so that could be an option as well.

20 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

S&T make a decent enough GBB M4, GA open bolt system, less the  £200 new.

Woah, just seen those. Could be a winner, I was ideally looking for an M4A1 too.

36 minutes ago, EDcase said:

I got this one for plinking and its quite good for the price

https://www.taiwangun.com/en/gas-2/r36-gbb-black-army-armament?from=listing&campaign-id=19

Compatible with the WE version so RaTech upgrades work. (I upgraded cocking handle)

I like the price of this one!

31 minutes ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

I like the price of this one!

Yeah, its actually not bad. (duno about long term use but as said, parts are available)

Its got a satisfying kick to it and comes with 2 mags.

The WE HK MP7 (New Wave Small Rice to be accurate) is a great little GBB SMG. Can be ordered in the U.K. from Milspec Solutions for about £220 ish.

it needs a bit of fettling when new to get the hop to work properly (enlarging the hop window with a file) and while you are at it a new hop rubber is a nice upgrade, but once that’s done and it’s had a thousand or so rounds through it to break it in it’s a lot of fun.

It probably doesn’t shoot quite as well as the Marui, but it kicks much harder, is much cheeper and is actually full size. Don’t get me wrong I wouldn’t trade it for my MWS as my primary, but I equally wouldn’t consider the Marui MP7 to be a significant upgrade to justify its cost (The Marui is also the wrong size).

Depends what your idea of plinking is, if it's targets and maybe action shooting you're going to want it accurate.

You said it yourself but TM MP7, that thing is soooo much fun and wants for nothing OOTB.

The kick and the noise is plenty intimidating compared to most. I would say the likes of the KWAs etc are too violent, which is why they eat themselves and a ton of gas.

The WE MP5 also great fun

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.