Best Lipo Batteries and Charger

Spartan09

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

hi guys,

As the title suggests, i am looking for suggestions of the best quality lipo batteries and chargers on sale, and if possible where to buy them.

I was charging up my batteries last night ready for todays airsoft game, and the last battery as well as the charger blew up on me....   (battery swelled and the charger was smoking)

I was using nuprol batteries and a nuprol compact charger.

Thankfully i will still have my M4 for todays game, but i had been hoping to run my P90 as it hasnt had any use beyond back garden plinking due to lockdown =(

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

• Supporters
5 hours ago, Spartan09 said:

nuprol

<dramatic-gopher.gif>

All joking aside, I would get on to Trading Standards about that, there are far too many of those burn-your-house-down chargers being sold.

Yup, IMAX B6 variant, make sure you get a B6AC that takes mains power, or that you get or have a suitable 12V-19V DC power source.  They look expensive, but they're very versatile and give you a lot of control.

Batteries, I just buy from HobbyKing.

15 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

All joking aside, I would get on to Trading Standards about that, there are far too many of those burn-your-house-down chargers being sold.

I have had 3 Nuprol chargers in the space of 1 and a half years, 2 have stopped working and my 3rd one will be the final Nuprol charger I ever use. 

Used  https://www.componentshop.co.uk/ in the past. 

Both Vapex and Giant Power brand lipos to good effect. 

If you want an alternative you can get Kong Power off Fire Support, although the C rating might be a bit lower.

Would budget a couple of quid for a battery checker, it's a very handy piece of kit.  You can monitor your battery use at lunch or during a pause in games. 

thanks guys.

i have ordered an imax charger, and i will look into the various battery suppliers listed.

On 19/07/2020 at 10:26, Rogerborg said:

They look expensive

i wouldn't really call £38 plus postage from hobbyking expensive, lol...   when i read your comment i was expecting it to be nearer £75-100

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.