Moscart Fill Valve Leaks After Silicon Oil Maintenance.

Asomodai

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey guys. 

My 4 moscarts were working fine but i decided to give some fill valve maintenance. Lubed up all the o rings and put it back together, the gas will just jet straight back out through the fill nozzle. Almost like the oring is not letting any gas into the chamber no matter how hard I press down.

Any ideas in this one? Otherwise will have to take a punt on new valves. I took apart one of my existing valves and couldnt see any obvious problem. When I tried filling gas into the valve outside of the moscart the gas came out through the hole in the nozzle shaft as it should be. 

This happened to all 4 of my moscarts. It clearly doesnt like getting lubed. 

IMG-20200718-WA0004.jpeg

Try replacing all the seals that leak.  I remember having this issue in the past and that was a good fix for me.

I never bothering lubing the parts, just made sure that all the parts were very clean.

When you say you lubed all the seals, is that all of the ones on the valve assembly or the other ones in the moscart? Your best bet is to take apart the valve and lubricate all the o rings there. If that doesn't work then see if you can replace them. Otherwise it may just be a busted valve.

1 hour ago, Taylor7500 said:

When you say you lubed all the seals, is that all of the ones on the valve assembly or the other ones in the moscart? Your best bet is to take apart the valve and lubricate all the o rings there. If that doesn't work then see if you can replace them. Otherwise it may just be a busted valve.

I lubed all of the valve assembly seals. But lubing them has caused a leak! 

I have ordered a set of SHS replacement valves which hopefully will fit and will be of a better quality

I absolutely love moscart shells but they are a pain to maintain. I used to leave my valves in a small tub filled with oil (the top cap from a green gas bottle works well) and leave it by a radiator or something that gives off a bit of heat.

Works 9 out of 10 times for me

6 minutes ago, THE FNG said:

I absolutely love moscart shells but they are a pain to maintain. I used to leave my valves in a small tub filled with oil (the top cap from a green gas bottle works well) and leave it by a radiator or something that gives off a bit of heat.

Works 9 out of 10 times for me

That is the odd thing. My valves worked fine sans lubing. I decide to do some preventative maintenence and lube them, only for them to start leaking! My luck!

1 hour ago, Asomodai said:

That is the odd thing. My valves worked fine sans lubing. I decide to do some preventative maintenence and lube them, only for them to start leaking! My luck!

What did you use to lube them?

On 23/07/2020 at 22:45, THE FNG said:

What did you use to lube them?

Pure 100% silicon oil. 

The new valves arrive, they dont fit sadly. The thread pitch is much smaller on the new ones. 

Oddly, one of the moscarts have started to fill (Albeit most of jets back into your face, but it does seal the gas that does get inside.) So not sure what has happened to that one. 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.