Choice of Gear Need Help

LiamT

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

so a few days ago I made a post about a tracer unit and which should I get, well I was looking around and had some spare cash so I have two choices I either build out my ar with holo sight new stock ect ect, vs buying a sidearm which would be a 5.1 TM hi capa, I'm unsure of which I should go for since a lot of people I've found say sidearms aren't very useful in most situations 

what do you think?

Depends on the site imo, and it also depends on how you play. I think ultimately it depends on preference. If youre playing indoors,  you cant go wrong with a hi capa though

• Supporters

Do you already own a pistol ?, If the answers no then get one, definitely worth having & as has been pointed out,you won't go far wrong with a Hi-Capa.

If you already have a pistol, & your rifle is doing what it's supposed to, but you only have one rifle ?, I'd say spend this bit of spare cash on a second rifle, ideally something with the same mag type, then your covered for all eventualities....... except a tri-shot shotgun, you want one of those too, it's like the backups backup lol 🤣

10 hours ago, Tackle said:

Do you already own a pistol ?, If the answers no then get one, definitely worth having & as has been pointed out,you won't go far wrong with a Hi-Capa.

If you already have a pistol, & your rifle is doing what it's supposed to, but you only have one rifle ?, I'd say spend this bit of spare cash on a second rifle, ideally something with the same mag type, then your covered for all eventualities....... except a tri-shot shotgun, you want one of those too, it's like the backups backup lol 🤣

yeah I only have 1 rifle and the only attachments i have for it is a small red dot that I want to replace and some epm mags, I don't have enough for a second rifle but I have enough to either build my rifle or buy a tm 5.1 hi capa

I'd rather have one good gun than 2 mediocre ones.

I understand that a backup (like a pistol or a compact SMG) can be handy, but honestly in the 11+ years I've been playing I can count the times I actually needed a sidearm on one hand (except when I'm sniping).

33 minutes ago, Skara said:

I'd rather have one good gun than 2 mediocre ones.

I understand that a backup (like a pistol or a compact SMG) can be handy, but honestly in the 11+ years I've been playing I can count the times I actually needed a sidearm on one hand (except when I'm sniping).

this is what I was thinking because I was told that they weren't used much, I wanted to get some attachments that would go well for anything crane stock for battery, peq box/light and a good foregrip as well 

2 minutes ago, LiamT said:

this is what I was thinking because I was told that they weren't used much, I wanted to get some attachments that would go well for anything crane stock for battery, peq box/light and a good foregrip as well 

I'd fix any internal issue first, make it as reliable as possible. A mosfet would be a good call if you don't have one, a reshim if needed and most importantly, fix any potential air leaks. New hop rubber too if you haven't done that already (a hair more range and a good improvement in consistency).

Then you may look at attachments.

If you only play in woodland sites, forget about lights/peq boxes. Yes they look good, but at the end of the day it's just unnecessary weight and stuff that can break.

24 minutes ago, Skara said:

I'd fix any internal issue first, make it as reliable as possible. A mosfet would be a good call if you don't have one, a reshim if needed and most importantly, fix any potential air leaks. New hop rubber too if you haven't done that already (a hair more range and a good improvement in consistency).

Then you may look at attachments.

If you only play in woodland sites, forget about lights/peq boxes. Yes they look good, but at the end of the day it's just unnecessary weight and stuff that can break.

I have no experience in internal upgrades and have no idea of places around me where I can get internal stuff done so I have really kept myself away from them as I don't want to break anything, but the gun works fine out the box in the few games ive played, I also play CQB quite a bit

• Supporters
3 hours ago, LiamT said:

yeah I only have 1 rifle and the only attachments i have for it is a small red dot that I want to replace and some epm mags, I don't have enough for a second rifle but I have enough to either build my rifle or buy a tm 5.1 hi capa

To be fair, most attachments are unnecessary, they do nothing to improve gameplay or performance, they just look pretty.

If your budgeting for a new pistol & couple of mags, then you've got enough for another rifle, for example the one somebody reviewed on here recently, AR variant from one of the polish shops for £105ish, can't go wrong with that.

I've just picked up a fal with half a dozen mags for £140, lots of bargains out there.

As for all the non essential "accessories" you want, just wait for them to pop up in the classifieds for half the RRP, win win 👍

9 minutes ago, Tackle said:

To be fair, most attachments are unnecessary, they do nothing to improve gameplay or performance, they just look pretty.

If your budgeting for a new pistol & couple of mags, then you've got enough for another rifle, for example the one somebody reviewed on here recently, AR variant from one of the polish shops for £105ish, can't go wrong with that.

I've just picked up a fal with half a dozen mags for £140, lots of bargains out there.

As for all the non essential "accessories" you want, just wait for them to pop up in the classifieds for half the RRP, win win 👍

Something like this?

https://www.taiwangun.com/en/electric/ar15-lite-cqb-at-ny02-cq-arcturus

• Supporters
12 minutes ago, LiamT said:

Yep, that's cool, I was thinking of this one, out of stock at the moment but back in soon apparently.

https://www.taiwangun.com/en/electric/m904g-fire-control-system-edition-de?from=listing&campaign-id=19

2 minutes ago, Tackle said:

Yep, that's cool, I was thinking of this one, out of stock at the moment but back in soon apparently.

https://www.taiwangun.com/en/electric/m904g-fire-control-system-edition-de?from=listing&campaign-id=19

will it really be that much different? I mean i already have my ICS CXP peleador, just I dont want to waste money is all

• Supporters
47 minutes ago, LiamT said:

will it really be that much different? I mean i already have my ICS CXP peleador, just I dont want to waste money is all

If your rifle dies mid game, & it will lol, then your days play is screwed, plus green fees & associated travel costs up the shitter, which will obviously suck.

If you've got a mag compatible backup your back in the game in 5 minutes, even if it's a cheap gat it gets you out of trouble.

16 minutes ago, Tackle said:

If your rifle dies mid game, & it will lol, then your days play is screwed, plus green fees & associated travel costs up the shitter, which will obviously suck.

If you've got a mag compatible backup your back in the game in 5 minutes, even if it's a cheap gat it gets you out of trouble.

well I was intending on getting a crane stock so I could have a larger battery and also bring spares, would that be a good idea? or just another ar

• Supporters
6 hours ago, LiamT said:

well I was intending on getting a crane stock so I could have a larger battery and also bring spares, would that be a good idea? or just another ar

Not talking about batteries, think gearbox issues, some of which such as piston teeth breaking is fairly common,  & not immediately fixable, so yeah I'd pick up a backup AR, or any other platform that takes AR mags, maybe a bullpup, such as a PDR-C/FN2000/UAR/SA80, as an alternative type of backup, but that has its strengths as maybe a cqb primary ?

2 minutes ago, Tackle said:

Not talking about batteries, think gearbox issues, some of which such as piston teeth breaking is fairly common,  & not immediately fixable, so yeah I'd pick up a backup AR, or any other platform that takes AR mags, even a bullpup, as an alternative type of gun.

ah I see good point 

The semi-garbage blatter can also be a good learning platform for teaching yourself techery. I bought literally the cheapest AR platform I could find for that very purpose. It’s a little tuition station that I don’t mind doing harm to that will also be there if I have a mechanical failure on a game day. 

And, if my long guns go down together, there’s always a pyro-only afternoon to enjoy. 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.