Hi Capas and Shock Buffers

emilianoksa

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

A good while ago I bought a set of Cow Cow shock buffers. The packet contains three different grades ( soft medium and hard) as well as some metal washers.

I subsequently decided not to short stroke my gun, and they have been lying about in a cupboard.

However I have heard that when a TM Hi Capa is customised with a metal slide and stronger recoil spring, it is not a bad idea to put a buffer on the recoil rod. Apparently  one buffer means that lock back after last shot will be retained , and shock to the rear of the gun will be cushioned or reduced when the slide goes back. Is this true?

If so, could anybody advise me whether to use a soft, medium or hard buffer, and should I put a metal washer over it?

My gun has a steel two piece recoil rod and 120% spring.

Or is there no benefit to doing this?

With short stroking it, you limit how far back the slide can travel, so in turn you get faster cycling and better gas efficiency. I personally havent hear much about it cushioning anything, but I also havent asked many people about it. Also, not sure which one is which, or if it actually matters, but one washer, then a yellow buffer, followed by the spring, will ensure that you can still lock the slide back on empty

I run a washer, soft, washer, soft and finally another washer on my plastic slide CAPA. No lock on empty but I've usually changed mag by that point anyway through habit.

Use medium to start, if they start to get squashed then move to harder ones. They're rubber not concrete so won't hurt anything.

Use a washer either side to help the spring as well.

• 4 weeks later...

I run a shock washer on all my GBB pistols, mainly cos I use the highest gas I can without exceeding 350fps, which is normally red or black. personally I think it reduces shock load and preserves TM plastic slides (I haven't had one break yet!)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.